Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Will Not connect to radio

Marty Bluhm
Marty Bluhm Member ✭✭
edited March 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I received my 6300 on Friday and it worked great using ver .17. I got the urge to upgrade to .21. Big Mistake. I **** that up royally. Following the instructions, I wiped the table clean and reinstalled 6.21.  I did erase the vsp drivers.  I have Cat 1.6.21, DAX 1.6.21 and my client software also 1.6.21, so I think I'm on the same page all the way around. I was getting a bad ip address (169) instead of 192. I switched from wifi to a wired ethernet connection and that has been resolved.  I bring up the window,the radio says "available".  I tried many times to connect with no joy.  I had found a couple earlier posting with same or similar problem/  Tried their solutions with no luck. oh Yes, I have reset my router a number of times also. What am I missing?  Probably something simple that I will hang my head in shame.
Marty
W8AKS

Comments

• Marty Bluhm
    Marty Bluhm Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Upon a little further checking, I am not sure that this is relevant or not. The IP address on the SDR screen is 192.168.133 . I did an ipconfig on the computer and the IP address is 192.168.1.132.

• Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    Marty,

Sounds like the radio is getting the DHCP address is the 192.168.1.132 is appearing in the discovery window..   

Do one other thing,  do a reset of the radio database,  shutdown the radio and then on the next power up ,  hold the power button until the radio power light changes color,  then release..  When the radio becomes available, see if the SmartSDR will now connect.. 

• Marty Bluhm
    Marty Bluhm Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    That did it! Thanks Dudley. Reset the database and all is well.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Check to be sure that Flex Systems FlexVSP is installed.
  • Marty Bluhm
    Marty Bluhm Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    For Dudley. I connect with the radio but the ip addresses are remaining the same. In fact, they just changed.. in the discovery window the ip is : 192.168.1.144 where the computer ip is 192.168.1.143.
    Also I have absolutely no receive. it's like no antenna.  On the SmartCat Serial Com 4 Slice A (Auto Switch Tx) Process (None).
  • Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

"Also I have absolutely no receive. it's like no antenna"

Nowhere in any description is there a mention of a receiver or panadapter.  Is there a panadapter / receiver displayed showing a Rx frequency?

On the panadapter display is there a) A blank display, i.e. no trace displayed or b) Is there a trace with no signals displayed

if a) then your firewall is likely not passing the UDP ports.  if b) then you are either not selecting the receive antenna or there is a receiver fault in the Rx path.

• JB
    JB Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Marty...Looks like you may be in WVA? You might want to ask here if there is someone who might be close to you that can assist you in the setup of the 6000 series radio. If not that, perhaps one of us can get on Team Viewer with you and assist remotely.

Jon
  • Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    Marty, The radio and computer must be different address, but on the same subnet. If you are connecting , then you are ok. As Stan said, your firewall may be blocking the ports for display data and audio, and also make sure that you have the antenna into the proper antenna connector on the rear, antenna 1 or 2 .. If you continue to have issues , open a Help Desk ticket, http://helpdesk.flexradio.com. We can take care your issues there . Dudley
  • Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Don't you sleep?
  • Marty Bluhm
    Marty Bluhm Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Okay , Found the problem. A bad coax between the radio and tuner. I connected the antenna directly into the radio and all kinds of signals. Since it had been working, never thought of the coax. Thanks to all  who responded.  I certainly appreciated the support.
    Marty
    W8AKS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.