Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Lack of Audio Control with WSPR

Rick Williams
Rick Williams Member ✭✭
edited August 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I recently installed WSPR 2.12 and I've run into a problem I haven't been able to figure out.  My WSPR config is shown in the image:

I'm using the latest 1.6 versions of SDR, CAT and DAX.  Dax is activated in SDR and the correct channels are selected.  Com four is the default Com.  

WSPR Cat control is functional TX, tune and band/freq selections work.  The problem is that WSPR displays that the noise level is out of range, shown in pic below:

I have not found a way to bring the audio gain into range.  It may be my unfamiliarity with WSPR, but my understanding is that the software won't decode signals when the gain is off.  

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.  

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2019
    -30db means that there is no audio getting into WSPR. Are you sure you have the right channel selected. Make sure you are also in a Digital mode on the radio.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Also check to make sure REMOTE audio is OFF, the DAX slice is enabled (in the pan adapter flag and in the DAX window), and you have slid the DAX level to the right (should see deflection on the bar graph meter).

• Richard Fusinhski
    edited February 2016
    The level control is in the DAX control panel.
  • Steven Catani
    Steven Catani Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Rick

You also may want to look at the new WSPR capability in latest WSJT-x. It has a very obvious and functional tx level control that allows you not to have to change the dax level between digital apps.

It has a number of over really nice new capabilities, like band hopping.

Steve 
    N2TAO
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Rick,
      One thing that can catch you will WSPR is that Audio IN/OUT selections may no longer be correct even though they might show correct in your screen shot.. Reselect them from the pull down ( does the pull down show a number other than 10 ?)..  If that is where the error is, you may have to reselect again if you add/remove audio devices or reboot the PC. 
       That said..
       Does the DAX control panel show signal for the DAX 1 RX stream?  If Dax 1 selected in your receive slice ?

AL, K0VM
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    May I suggest using WSJT-X for WSPR?  It's interface is more up to date and works well with the radio using TS-2000 as the radio type for CAT control.
  • Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    The latest version of WSJT-X works amazingly well. Recently I saw a decode of 2 transmissions from a single trace. A very strong VK3 2Hz away from a weak VK4 on 630m. Wow.
    Andrew de VK5CV
  • Cedric HB9HFN
    Cedric HB9HFN Member
    edited April 2017
    I was even able to decode 3 stations on the same frequency with the latest dev version 1.7!
    73, Cedric HB9HFN
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Cedric, ver1.7 or 1.6 ? i saw 1.6 - http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx.html

BTW  works fine via DDE with DXlabs (CAT) however i have no chance to start directly via API to my Flex6700 (no idea why) , but in general work perfect.

To ALL:
    BTW i am using JT-Alert (http://hamapps.com/) for integration DXlabs-WSJT and have the issue with unstable works  - program closing after save QSO in DXkeeper  ,
    here Win10PRo Preview last R.C.   , JT-Alert  2.6.29
  • Cedric HB9HFN
    Cedric HB9HFN Member
    edited February 2016
    1.7 Sergey. I have compiled the source code from the developers version with JTSDK as explained here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/jtsdk/files/win32/2.0.0/

73, Cedric HB9HFN
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Got it Cedric, thank you !
  • Rick Williams
    Rick Williams Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    This appears to have been the issue.  In stopping and starting WSPR.  I re selected the RX-1 & TX 1 and it started to work.  Evidently the manual is misleading about the -30 range because I was bringing in numerous stations and it never dropped out of the red at -28 to -30 including a VK station 17,787km away operating on 5W.  So all appears good.  Thanks 
  • Rick Williams
    Rick Williams Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    This doesn't appear to be correct.  I got it to working and the the meter ranged between -30 to -29 always red and it worked fine.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.