Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DXCC...Check! Whoo Hoo!

Options
2»

Comments

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Thanks. I doubt I'll ever get Honor Roll. Most of the toughest countries require actual cards and they want money for a QSL card. That starts to add up. All of my QSL's are LOTW now. Indeed, it sure is fun to get notification in a few days or hours!
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    That's true - I love LotW which is where most of my confirmations are.   I have gotten LotW QSLs that are minutes old, and some that are years old.  I guess for the latter, some of the ops just recently signed up for LotW.

I also have several thousand QSL cards.  Yeah, they can be expensive but I like getting them from some of the more exotic locales. 
  • Asher - K0AU
    Asher - K0AU Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I kept seeing about a 30 DXCC gap between worked and LOTW that wasn't shrinking.  So last fall I bit the bullet and got the address labels, envelopes, global forever stamps and a stack of clean $1 bills.  Now down to 8 DXCC gap between worked and confirmed.  Couple are probably busted (I'm looking at you 5H3 and D67).  Couple more are on OQRS and will show up in a few weeks.  Couple are in the mail (I hope)!

My rationale: after buying a Flex, amp, tower, antennas, 1000 feet of LMR400 the extra cost of envelopes and stamps for 100 QSLs was insignificant.  And it's kind of fun to look forward to getting the mail again, like when I was a novice hoping to get Iowa or Nebraska confirmed.
  • Tom-KJ4QDZ
    Tom-KJ4QDZ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Ka-ching $$$

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.