Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Recieve Filter Direct Value Entry, Is this possible?

2»

Comments

• KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Please click the LIKE & ME TOO buttons at the top of the page if you support this idea.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    From the last release of PSDR from Flex. I think SSDR leaves PSDR in the dust. SSDR can do much more than PSDR can. So I don't understand people when they say PSDR is a much better software....
     Try making a list to both and see were things land.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Just remember we are talking about the GUI (Graphical User Interface) not RX or TX performance the 6000 series clearly wins that battle.

Now of course SSDR has some advantages over PSDR but so many of the very simple features are missing from SSDR.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Lets list them, as there are many.
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I have 5 custom filter/offset combos set up in DDUTIL  It took 2 minutes to set up using cut and paste into the macro slots and then customize the values in each slot.  I was able to iteratively change things until I got the precise effect I was looking for 

73  W9OY
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    We are trying to avoid using 3rd party apps for things that can be apart of SSDR.

Please click the LIKE & ME TOO buttons at the top of the page if you support this idea.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    SSDR really is not missing much, it is a full featured product. One of the greatest things about SSDR is being able to write API and using all sorts of 3rd party software to do what ever we want. Just can't do that with very many radio's. But you have been answered by Tim,,it is being considered,, we can put this to bed
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    I really don't care to be told what it is WE need.  So basically this is an agenda item cooked up by KC2QMA because HE wants it a specific way and has nothing to do with creating a non-existent feature.   The feature already exists through the API and thanks to K5FR is freely available to anyone who needs or desires it.  The present MAC buttons matrix would allow up to 48 custom filters to be created.   Like I said I have 5 custom bandwidth filters preset in DDUTIL.  I use them every day.  They are perfectly plastic and I can change them in seconds at will.  They use ZERO resources internal to the radio.  I prefer to keep the resources in MY radio as clutter free as possible.   Pretty sweet deal IMHO

73  W9OY 

• KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

Yes that's it's. It's a secret plot devised in a dark back room to try to ad more functionality to software.

You got me.
    LOL:)

• K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
    K2CB Eric Dobrowansky Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Keep drinking the Kool-Aid, folks! It is far from full-featured at this point. You guys jumping on somebody expecting basic functionality are worse than the guys actually pointing out the shortcomings! The fact is, we are still waiting for many basic functions that exist in the original PowerSDR platform. Prior to the purchase of my 6500, I was flat out told by the Flex salesperson that we would see equivalent functionality prior to version 2.0., and within a year, no less. That was over 2 years ago! I would consider the ability to set filter parameters, and for example, the ability to change colors of the panadapter, basic functionality! Heck, the screen formatting for the proper display of the right side phone/eq/etc boxes is still not fixed yet! And that was reported how many versions ago? Expecting us to use a third-party app for such functions is totally unacceptable for a radio in this price range! Don't get me wrong, the SmartSDR 6000 series is a nice platform, but it is not god's gift to ham radio, like some of you folks make it out to be. While the receiver performance numbers maybe one thing, every day functionality is also a big part of it. It still does not compare to a higher end Icom or Kenwood in many regards. At its current state - Is it a great radio for casual rag chew and ESSB on the low bands? Yes. Would it be the only radio in my shack? No. Look at a number of the top contesting stations. Are they all running Flex 6000 radios? No, but they are running plenty of Icom 7700/7800/7851s and TS-990s. Those few that have implemented Flex radios, have not done a full wholesale station swap out just yet, have they? By the way, I still have not had some of my simple questions about previous bugs answered yet. Noise burst on initial tx due to audio buffer filling still not fixed, three major releases later? Come on! Kudos to N3VE for publicly asking Gerald the question we all wanted answered the other evening during the call-in show. There is no way around it, it is a slap in the face for those of us who have been waiting for features, only to have it preempted by the development of the Maestro. I understand the business reasons behind it, but that does not mean that we have to be happy about it. Do you think anyone would be standing by quietly if they purchased a high end Icom, Kenwood, or Yaesu, and were still waiting for promised (or brochure) features over two years later? Eric K2CB
  • Dave Dave
    Dave Dave Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    now u know how I feel about no Squelch.
  • Dave Dave
    Dave Dave Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Squelch is an idea too......
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Wow what soap box, that was mostly very misleading.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    At this point since the 6000 series is so successful why not higher more software engineers to speed up development?

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    You guys should sit down for this. Steve, fix yourself a drink first.

I actually like the graphic /- filter adjuster hoover-over. That was clever and took some programming to pull off. For those lacking a sense of humor, that was levity. I did give extra points for that feature though.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    SWR meter.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I removed that post as I found a bigger magnifying glass. Is that an app you wrote? I was (am) thinking about doing a similar one based on XPSLib that would run all the bands selected for every 5Khz and do a graph. That's nice though..I like it.

• Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited March 2018
    I like your idea, but not your methods. Mail Rule all mail with KC2QMA to junk.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.