Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

muting TX slice

Dave Dave
Dave Dave Member ✭✭
edited May 2018 in New Ideas

If you mute the TX slice I think it should switch the other slice to TX or it be an option

I cant imagine a situation where you would transmit while receiver is muted.

Comments

• Bill  /  VA3QB
    Bill / VA3QB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Dave

I mute mine all the time when operating in digital modes. Once I'm setup and running I mute it so I don't have to listen to the tones. The audio is fed to the program via DAX.

Bill
    VA3QB
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Dave I also mute audio 100% of the time when operating digital modes
  • K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017

I mute the TX slice quite often when working split in any mode.  I turn it on occasionally to check my TX frequency, but otherwise keep it quiet so I can concentrate on the RX frequency.

73, Ray, K9DUR

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Yep, if you do any DXing, and the op is working split, most of us (oh, ok, I) will mute the TX slice and just watch signals in the panagaptor while listening to the DX station.  And that's just one scenario where I mute the TX slice.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016

I do the same - remembering that I still get a visual to watch for immerging signals on my TX frequency.

Steve

K9ZW

• Tim Blank
    Tim Blank Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    I work many DX pile ups and this discussion about muting the TX slice is quite interesting to me. Coming from a legacy radio background, it was normal to use the T-F button to peak at my transmit frequency to find the last station worked or a clear spot in the pileup. Of course is with the flex, the panafall combined with CW skimmer adds a new dimension to this usage pattern; however, I still feel the need to occasionally listen to my.transmit frequency. Of course, the obvious response is so what, just listen to both the DX station and your transmit frequency. This is of course acceptable in some/many situations but not all. This becomes problematic when the DX station is weak and the pileup is not well behaved (e.g. Continuous calling..etc). So what does all these say? Just stick with visual and abandon listening to my transmit frequency when the DX station is weak? Or do we need some analogous function to the T-F peak? In my personal opinion it would really help to have an analogous function. Something like a assignable button on the flex control to mute/unmute the audio from the tx slice. I am thinking one that you hold in to activate. It would essentially temporarily reverse the muted/unmuted state of the TX slice. So if the TX slice audio is already muted it would unmute it for as long as hold the button down. If the TX slice audio was not muted it would mute for as long as the button is pushed. Such a function would be something one might need in every pileup but would be extremely helpful in the situation I described above. For those that want to work purely visual, then no need to use this...it would be a purely optional function. In my mind flexibility is key...after all, flex is in the name of the radio
  • Timo - OH5KW
    Timo - OH5KW Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I would like to use FlexControl to mute the TX slice. At the moment it is not possible. Would like to see that added to it.
  • Tim Blank
    Tim Blank Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    As a serious DX-er I am keen on seeing this feature incorporated into a future SmartSDR release. What is the process for selecting and prioritizing the various "ideas" that come in through the community? Is there a roadmap that shows which new features are being targeted into which release?

Tim (N0TB)
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    There used to be a very detailed Roadmap with dates

BUT the WHINERS killed the golden goose that laid the golden eggs...

So now everything is under wraps until it is released.

Frankly most of us would rather it be that way than initiate a return of the caustic whining....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.