Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I have a /flex 6300 and want to connect to a spe 2k-fa. Having problem, amp will not communicate wi

Spe amp wont ccommunicate with the flex software for band change etc

Flex 6300 amp 2k-fa.  Connected serial cable supplied by spe made for my radio to the radio 1 cat db15 and the other to an available db9 serial port on my pc.  Amp ignores the computer.  Cat on the amp is set to Flex 9600 baud but no joy.  Cannot seem to change bands manually on the amp either.

Answers

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Hi Jim, How do you have it connected? Cable-wise, port-wise?
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I'm still waiting for my 1.5K, but have the cable already. From what I've heard from other users, the cable is not the real solution. Requires DDutil and perhaps some modifications to the cable. You might email W9BF and see what he ended up doing with his to get it working. He is now very happy.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Everything you need to know about hooking up the 2K is found on the DDUTIL site

http://k5fr.com/DDUtilV3wiki/index.ph... BTW. DDUTILalso provides full control of your 2K so you don't need to use the 2K_Term program.
  • Jim Miller
    Jim Miller Member
    edited January 2016

Using the supplied cable one end on the db15 on radio 1 port on amp, other end to com 2 on my pc.  I only have 2 com ports.  The flex cat settings show using com 4 and I cannot change that.  There is no com 4 on a db9 only a usb port.  How can I make the cat software change to com 2?

There is a drop down box for the com port but oit is disabled

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    The only way to get the SPE Amp working correctly is with DDUTIL

Are you following the Instructions Below to set this up correctly via DDUTIL?

http://k5fr.com/DDUtilV3wiki/index.ph...

you need 2 Cables.. A Serial Cable and a USB Cable

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS on the DDUTIL WEB SITE

if you still have issues Please post a screen shot of your Device Manager COM Ports showing their port numbers.  PHYSICAL Port numbers can easily be changed in Device Manager -- VIRTUAL Port Numbers can be changed in SmartCAT - Advanced..

RTFM 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.