Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Interesting image from the Pacific

2»

Comments

• Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016

government feels that perhaps the wildlife might injure themselves on the dipole or a beam......

Not a crazy concern really.  I think my one-time arrangement of wire antennas may have been responsible for the demise of a beautiful Perquin Falcon a few years back.

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Simon, with a call like ZL4PLM compared to us US guys you are the DX!

• Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    you know it's all relative ... I am DX to you but there's a lot of common places in the world for you that are hard rare ones for me :)

but yeah   ZL call worth +9 dB every time :)

LOL

:)
  •   VE6KWA
    VE6KWA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Too Fiunny ... way to go
    Glenn & Flex !
  • VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    And I thought I placed the first order for a Maestro. Dam,
  • Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Burt, where are you?
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Guess the Flex not as susceptible to RFI as we thought..  lots of RF inches away.
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Birds like my End Fed wire.  Always like 3 of them sitting on it.  Other day a Ferriguenis Hawk was sitting on it.  Caused quite a droop.
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    I didn't order first but I paid more so I should get to the front of the line!  :-)
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Yeah... I've been waiting for the "shooting fish in a barrel" comment!  Come on Burt!
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Definately!
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    That explains why their signal was so weak.
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    That is good to learn. I checked their log and did not find my call so I deleted them from my log, however I can relog if I show in their log eventually.
  • Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I did work the South Sandwich Islands last night on 40 SSB. They were transmitting on 7.150 and listening from 7.165 to 7.175. Turned my Force12 D140 Dipole to about 135 degrees and turned on the Acom 1000 and got them on the second call. Hopefully they will confirm via LOTW. Not sure whether they have a site to check that they have you in their log. Mark Griffin, KB3Z
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    You can check their logs online. It might take a couple of days until they upload to show there. Just type your call sign and check. I am happy to report that I managed both. Now I would be glad to add a new band or mode if possible.

For VP8STI
    https://secure.clublog.org/charts/?c=vp8sti

For K5P
    https://secure.clublog.org/charts/?c=k5p

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Whoo Hoo!  I just bagged K5P on 15 SSB and 17 RTTY.  The 17 RTTY makes #100 for 17 Meters DXCC! (Assuming they QSL via LOTW)  That makes four band/modes for K5P now - 15 CW & SSB, 20 CW, and 17 RTTY.  I still only have VP8STI on 40 CW.  
    Did I mention that I love the way the 6500 works on RTTY?
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I think they are using the Flex on 20 SSB just now

K5P is listening 140 for EU and 145 for anywhere else ... at the same time!

I smell a Flex!!!

:)
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    That's pretty good Simon! My other comment was more premised on 6,000km (which I didn't know) over water (which I did know). I wish I had a +9db handicap. ;-)
  • H Hans Brakob
    H Hans Brakob Member
    edited January 2016
    Omygawd Glenn, where'd you get that SHIRT? (KØHB)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.