Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Display problem SmartSDR

IK6DLK Fabrizio
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have this problem . Use Flex6500 SmartSDR for version 1.6.17 and Italien Windows 10. Some solution. TNX Fabrizio IK6DLK image

Comments

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    What solution(matrix) you using at your monitor?
  • Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited March 2018
    There has been a complaint recently of this and I recall seeing that some computers in Windows 10 were missing a Font.
    Here is the thread
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/readout-of-frequency-only-shows-bottom-half-of-the-...
    Good Luck

Dan -- KC4Go
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    I think Dan is correct, the frequency readout font looks wrong.  You need to install the "NapoliSerial Xlight Regular" font.
  • Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Must be correct, after all Napoli is in Italy
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Another problem I've noticed seems to be a scaling issue.  I've been putting up with it for a couple years thinking it was eventually going to be addressed.  Now I'm wondering if it is a problem only on my end.  When in full screen, the panels on the right side of the screen can not all be displayed at the same time.  The last panel EQ seems to be off of the bottom of the screen.  Here's a snapshot.

Notice how the bottom of the EQ window is cut off and can't be read?
  • Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    That is dependent on the resolution being used on your monitor. On my desktop it is fine and my laptop appears similar to yours.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    This isn't a scaling issue.  This is a resolution issue where the screen resolution / monitor size combination is not able to display the entire SSDR console window.  We added scrolling capability to the side bar menus to compensate for this.  You can scroll the windows down so you can see the bottom pane (EQ).
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Both the monitor and the video card are set to 1920 X 1080.   The monitor is native 1080p.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I never could display all the dialogs on the right. Finally a scroll bar but its not easy to see, esp if you are not looking for it. But it does save multiple key strokes of turning tabs off and on and reversing the process. I guess it took a contester complaining about rate. Personally, I suggest removing redundant displays and making the dialog boxes smaller thereby removing the real estate issue altogether. But, that's why they made SDKs.
  • IK6DLK Fabrizio
    edited December 2018
    I installed fonts , see in the picture , but the situation not changed . image
  • Martin Smith
    Martin Smith Member
    edited January 2016
    Have had the problem with no solution offered for the last 18 months!!
    Will check out the Napoli serial font solution.
  • Bob Brown - N8OB
    edited February 2018
    I have the problem, AGAIN. Napoli is installed in Windows but won't show correct in Flex  I even uninstalled V1.6 and reloaded everything again but it is still showing incorrectly.  Any suggestions?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    For the issue described above, the SmartSDR for Windows application font did not install with the SmartSDR installer.  This is usually due to a localized issue with the PC where a security suite incorrectly interprets the TrueType font as a possible attack vector.  In these cases, you need to manually install the "NapoliSerial Xlight Regular" font.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.