Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

NEW Smart S-meter PLUS available

Beppe IK3VIG
Beppe IK3VIG Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
HI,

a new version of Smart S-meter is available for download at: http://woodboxradio.com/freeware.html

This version is called "Smart S-meter PLUS" and it is the only one available for download.

New features:

- VFO frequency reader
- Command line parameter "ON" for autostart
- Error message if wrong COMport is selected

Command line example:

@echo off
start Smart_S-meter_PLUS.exe COM4 ON

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

73 Beppe
ik3vig

imageimage 

Comments

• Beppe IK3VIG
    Beppe IK3VIG Member
    edited January 2016
    HI,

sorry....a tiping error before........the correct command line text is:

@echo off
    start Smart_Smeter_PLUS.exe COM4 ON

73 Beppe
    ik3vig
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Hi Beppe I appreciate the effort. The smeter looks great and being able to have several at the same time is great. I was wondering if you are open to suggestions? When I try to put 8 in the same window i run out of space. I imagine that resizing will take more programming effort, but, what about reducing the size of hiding the row of buttons? Thanks
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    @ Beppe

I can see 3 meters on the page that you linked to and none of them are called "Smart S-meter PLUS". Is there another link? I did refresh my browser cache (reload+shift).

Mni tnx.
  • Jim Best
    Jim Best Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Jim  WU7G

Thanks Beppe for a terrific add on. Mine works great.
    A donation will be on the way.
    73  Jim

• Beppe IK3VIG
    Beppe IK3VIG Member
    edited January 2016
    Guy,

download Smart S-meter.zip, it contains the PLUS version.
    http://www.woodboxradio.com/download/Smart%20S-meter.zip

Beppe
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Grazzi Beppe.
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Excellent! 

Donation coming!
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Thanks Beppe for MeterPlus, I have the following improvements requests:

1. It would be nice if you could display the slice letter  Such as "VFO A" ..etc.
    2. I think you could take it one more step further by allowing digit tuning with mouse buttons up/down and maybe mouse wheel and direct frequency input as well.

73s  Ali 

• K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    There was another request from Steve K8DZ to have SmartSDR allow the mouse wheel scroller to change a single digit in the frequency up and down.
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/additional-tuning-method-for-smart-sdr

I can see that it would be a problem in SmartSDR because the flag where the frequency is displayed would move as soon as you made any change. But since the frequency in these S-Meters is in a static location on the screen it would be a perfect place to do that.

Hold the mouse over any frequency digit and as you scroll the mouse wheel that digit raises or lowers the frequency in the respective slice for SmartSDR.

• Steve  K8DZ
    Steve K8DZ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Because the flag would move, I think it could be implemented just in the main receiver panel, not on the flags.    

• K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Right, but that would be an enhancement for SmartSDR (your original topic), not the S-Meter PLUS app we're talking about in this topic.
  • Steve  K8DZ
    Steve K8DZ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Agreed.  I will have to try S-Meter Plus. If it provided the tuning enhancement, that would satisfy me.

• Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Downloaded and all I can say is great. A donation is on the way! It would be great if flex had the ability to do plug ins so 3rd party vendors who work with Flex to develop comparable soft ware could be added to the flex software so it would load when you loaded the smart sdr. I do not know how to write software so I am just making a wish list. Imagine DX Lads, Smart Meter, and for stacks all loaded when you load smart SDR . And have the ability to set these programs up just like you do the flex knob. Just a dream since I have spent hours just getting these fine programs to work, in fact I have never got all of DX Lab to work.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Dale, You can make any program or set of programs start with a simple batch file or you may already use a piece of software that does it. My logging program (Log4OM) has it and so does JTAlert (indispensable for JT programs). You can also place shortcuts in the startup group. There are many ways to do this, just depends on your workflow.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I like both ideas. #1 might be relatively easy, but #2 would require a major addition to the program. So far it looks like Beppe is reading information FROM the rig and displaying it on the screen of the S-meter. But adding mouse wheel digit-tuning would require a completely new routine to send commands TO the rig. But so far, Beppe has shown himself to be a creative, skillful, and dedicated programmer. I anticipate that we will be seeing a continuous stream of enhancements to this excellent utility program! I wonder what it will look like a year from now?
  • Beppe IK3VIG
    Beppe IK3VIG Member
    edited January 2016
    Ken,

thanks for your comment.......this is what I think sometime for play with all.....Honor to glory !image

73 Beppe
    ik3vig

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Classic!  A little touch of the old with the new.  Nice looking skin for the Flex!
    Ken - NM9P
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I agree, only if FRS would make the SmartSDR windows detachable, then we would have a choice to skin our own panel. 
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Yes WD5Y Joe has had us a batch file for several years I have a start and a close in the bottom tray. What I am talking about is not just opening it up but doing a plug in which makes the setup part of smart sdr. I have had this on brograms in the past. For example they would auto creat a comport to associate to the plug in. I am not a programmer but ones who work with me say it can be done.
  • Maximo
    Maximo Member
    edited September 2016
    Ciao Beppe,

Is the BobKnob working with SmartSDR ?

Gracie.
    73, Maximo

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.