Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6500 case fan sizes? Max DC voltage?

KC2QMA_John
KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭

Could
someone tell me what the size of the two intake fans on the side of
the 6500 are? 80mm, 92mm?

I want to add intake fan filters to prevent and reduce the level of dust or debris from entering case.

What is the maximum supply voltage allowed during receive. I would like to adjust my power supply for optimal efficiency using stock power cable. I know 13.8VDC is default.

Answers

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    What do you hope or think what will be the difference between 13,8 VDC and 13,9 VDC or 14,0 VDC. ? Signal goes from S7 to S8 ? Come on, switch on your brain and come back to the ground!
    The RX not working at this voltage level. There voltage converters inside - 5V and 3,3 V and ...

Reducing of dust with fan filters reduce air flow and that can **** your Flex ! And your lost your warranty at Flex!
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    What is the optimal supply voltage allowed during Transmit at Full RF Power?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    13.8 VDC at the radio.  Take into account any IR drop due to cable and connector resistance.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I do not recommend using any type of in take air filtering on the FLEX-6000s.  If you are concerned with dust build up, just make a point to **** out the dust 2-3 times a year.

You can used compressed air to do this.  However, make sure that you use a non-metallic object, like a toothpick to prevent the compressed air from spinning the fans.  Overspin can damage the bearings.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    OK thanks Tim that's exactly what I wanted to know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.