Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro Control Console for the FLEX-6000 discount?

N3NER
N3NER Member ✭✭
It would be nice if Flex offered a discount to current customer especially ones who have purchased more than one Flex 6000 (like myself)

Answers

• N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    If I could get one for $1,000 or less I may more than likely order one.
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Me too, besides not many have more than one!
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    In Flex's defense, they offered a $200 discount for several months and when that expired, they offered the same discount to new customers when buying their Flex.
  • Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Come mid May we'll have the standard Dayton discounts, :)
    Lew N4CO
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I will never buy Maestro unless I get it for the original price of $999 however if they are selling well then why lower the price! I did offer the $100 deposit last fall if I didn't have to take it until April, I was refused but now it looks like I was not far off.
    I am still trying to figure out how they turn a profit selling to hams.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Burt, what do you think it is worth?
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    If they could sell them for $999 and get a fair return that's what it's worth, but if they are deluged with orders it's worth more.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I suspect nobody there is working for free, so there is profit. It just struck me your comment about how they are making money, implying there is no margin in their pricing yet say you'd only buy a glorified Windows tablet from them if it were under $1,000, implying their pricing is too high.
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    This is the capitalist system. Let the free market determine the price. If the demand is great sell it for whatever they can get. I will never pay more than $999. 
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    You know this how?
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Because there is always something that is discounted by almost every manufacturer at Dayton Anyways I thought u did not contest. So why would you need a MAESTRO?
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    So, allow me to explore that a little deeper. You're willing to pay $999.95 for a one time show and tell at a school you sub at? "Hey boys and girls, this is connected wirelessly to my radio at home. Is this fun. Any questions? I've never heard you say if or why you might want to use it for you. Frankly, I preordered it as well. I cancelled it when I realized preordering it was a knee **** reaction, it would add 20% to my Flex outlay, and going to visit family I was never going to huddle in the corner of their house whispering cq cq this is... But you are allowing $200 stand between you and your class's enjoyment of your latest toy. I think for Howard, for instance, it makes perfect sense. Next time we go to EU or VK/ZL I'd bring my android tablet running XPSSDR. If you otherwise would really want one $200 is kind of an artificial line in the sand, isn't it? Burt, it wasn't clear to me what was really motivating you on this...not that it has to.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    @Burt If you were closer I would love to schlep a Maestro in to a 4th grade class to show how cool it was to work DX. However if you really want some fun with kids at school. We did a couple of space station flybys locally with the entire grade school participating. Now that was fun for everyone. Except for a first grader who asked his question just as we lost signal.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.