Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smart SDR 1.6 with 2 instances of WSJT-X

Douglas Reece
Douglas Reece Member
edited July 2017 in Third-Party Software
Has anyone successfully configured 2 instances of WSJT-X to run on slices A and B under SmartSDR 1.6.17?

Answers

• Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Yes the key is to run wsjtx.exe with a different --rig-name parameter for each slice. This creates a separate configuration for each instance and create a CAT port for slice B.

i.e. 

wsjtx --rig-name=slice_a
    wsjtx --rig-name=slice_b

you can then configure each instance separately point one at your slice a CAT port and the other at the slice b one.
  • Douglas Reece
    Douglas Reece Member
    edited January 2016
    It's working now.  Thank you so much!
    Doug (AK4AO)
  • W3DCB
    W3DCB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Sure...I had to put a send copy of the decoder software into another directory...I placed another copy in C: and my computer ran both simultaneously.  Daniel W3DCB
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    It works really well. I have even managed to have two simultaneous QSOs (on different bands) using my RX loop and FDX mode, transmitting odd minutes on one slice and even on the other!! No need to have two separate copies of WSJT-X.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.