Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Microsoft-Skylake owners will soon be compelled to upgrade to Windows 10

Richard McClelland, AA5S
Richard McClelland, AA5S Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
I've seen several postings regarding Windows 10 upgrade problems.  Here is an article where it is reported that certain (i.e. most) owners of Skylake based systems will be compelled to upgrade to Windows 10: http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/221389-microsoft-skylake-owners-must-upgrade-to-windows-10-within... This might cause some angst to some on this list (not to me, I have a hamster running in a cage for my CPU.)

Comments

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    I think M$ must have done some internal studies on where money was being spent that was not as profitable as they might want.  I think the support of older Win OS was one key area.

It seems that with Win10 they are trying to devolve their user base in to one OS.  Not sure but it seems to feel that way.

I had to upgrade to W10 for work related reasons.  I actually like it FAR FAR better than Win8 that I also had to support.  So my current faves in the Win world are:  Win7 and Win10 in that order.  But I will report Win10 has been ok for me.
  • Richard McClelland, AA5S
    Richard McClelland, AA5S Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    It seems that Microsoft is having a similar issue with their old code as Flex is with PSDR.   I wonder how popular it would be for Flex to check CPUs at SDR startup and not run unless the CPU is at version X or newer.  (I'm not suggesting that they do this.)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.