Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I'm having some issues with the DAX driver recognition (?) with V 1.6

VE9XA - Tim Billings
VE9XA - Tim Billings Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR CAT
"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

I've done an uninstall and reinstall sequence of the DAXdrivers with no success. Further investigation reveals this error message when I check the Device Manager for conflicts.

Windows 7 
Flex 6300

Suggestions???

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Have you applied all the Windows Updates to your system? Were DAX and CAT off (not in Tray) during updates and install of 1.6?
  • VE9XA - Tim Billings
    edited January 2017
    Service Pack install/upgrade for Windows was required...
    Problem fixed..
    Thanks !!
  • VE9XA - Tim Billings
    edited March 2016
    Thanks Monk...
    I found the posting shortly after I asked the question.

• VE9XA - Tim Billings
    edited March 2016
    Thanks George...doing the update now.

• Steve Jones gw0gei
    edited March 2017

I did W7 updates before I upgraded to 1.6 - as advised in the notes - but I still got the same problem with drivers. I have downloaded all other updates since Wednesday too - still getting the error message re driver when dax opens up.

I have checked the drivers (each one for flex dax) in windows hardware and it says each one is working correctly - am I correct in guessing that I need to now reinstall 1.6 and/or just dax 1.6 drivers now windoz seems to be happy with them? I must be missing something that you did which corrected it other than simply the windows update?

thanks in anticipation of what to try next

Steve gw0gei

• VE9XA - Tim Billings
    edited March 2016
    Umm..spoke too fast..
    Still having issues after updating window 7 and an uninstall/reinstall V1.6
    Sigh... 

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    I suspect you did not get / load the proper Windows update for updating the root certificate.

Make sure this hot fix was installed
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3004394 

After ti is installed, it may take a day or two before you can update the root certificate from Windows Update.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.