Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW controls in CW macros

Mark_WS7M
Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in New Ideas
I don't know if it is implemented but is there any plan or any method where in the CWX setup macros for the F keys you can control things like speed?

Like in N1MM logger you can write something like  TU >>>5NN<<< CO

And when sending the TU will be at your base spreed, 5NN get increased by like 6 wpm then back down to base speed for CO.

At times working remote and attempting DX it would be very nice to have some CWX macros that could be setup in a similar way.
5 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• iz7auh
    iz7auh Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Is a great idea!
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Agree, nice idea. Regards, AL / NN4ZZ
  • Ken - WA8JXM
    Ken - WA8JXM Member
    edited January 2016
    Yes, a great start!  We need a keyboard macro language to be able to many of the mouse functions from the keyboard!
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited April 2020
    Here is a list of macros that I implemented in a keyer once.  I chose '$' as the char to parse to start the macro except for the '*' for the first one.
    *_____  concatenate chars until space or EOL (e.g. *SK )
    $P_____ mS pause (e.g. $P1000 for 1 sec)
    $R repeat
    $M__ play msg (e.g. $M03 to play msg 3) if in the middle of a msg, orig msg continues
    $C insert mycall. Implies need to easily set mycall
    $N send next serial number. Implies need to easily reset serial to any value.
    $S___ change speed
    $SS Return speed to value before $S encountered (see above)

I would love to see something similar implemented in the Flex CWX strings.

Len, KD0RC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.