Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6500 with v1.6 CW keying

Mal G3PDH
Mal G3PDH Member ✭✭
edited November 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I notice that with v1.6 CW keying from CWX or an external program such as N1MM activates the ptt tx even when Breakin is off. This is a nuisance when just wanting to check the keying etc. Whilst Keying from N1MM is perfectly ok keying from Logger 32 Morse function has incorrect spacing and is unusable. Has anyone experienced similar or know of a workaround?

Answers

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Mal,
      What methode are you using to key the radio from L32 morse ? In SSDR CAT i have created a Winkey port and in my L32 CW machine I have confiured to use WInkey ( not WInkey2) and selected the Winkey port that I created in SSDR CAT control panel..  CW sounds fine to my non-CW-expert ear..

AL, K0VM
  • Mal G3PDH
    Mal G3PDH Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Al, yes, i have set up a Winkey port and set L32 to use that in the Cw machine. The characters are sent correctly but the space between characters is not correct. It is too long. Keying in the same way from N1MM is perfectly correct.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.