Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smart Cat Error Msg FlexVSP Services on 1.6 update

Rick Williams
Rick Williams Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR CAT
When I updated to 1.6, on reboot there was an error message saying that SmartCat needed FlexVSP Services and to start a support ticket.  Haven't had time to fire up the radio yet to see if this is an actual problem or not.  Has anyone else encountered this?

Answers

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Not me. 

6700 on Windows 7 64 Bit

I followed the Release Notes to the letter. I uninstalled FreeDV and DStar, turned off all radio related programs, ddutil, etc.. and exited CAT and DAX and Turned off the radio.

I then installed 1.6 without uninstalling 1.5. After the installed it asked me to reboot the computer. By the way, it looked like the installed hanged while installing the DAX drivers. Patience... it just takes a while to install.

After reboot I opened SmartSDR with the new CAT and DAX opened and turn on radio and performed the UPGRADE as you can see here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvwk8z1mcCA

No issues!

• Rick Williams
    Rick Williams Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I had nothing running either and the install process went very smoothly, no delays or hangs.  On reboot the Dax window opened and I got the error message.  Nothing about VSP occurred during the upgrade.

• K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Rerun the installer.  It will attempt to install FlexVSP again if it didn't run properly the first time.
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Yes, simply try another install.  It does no harm to install the code over itself.  Everything lands in the same places (if files are copied at all), and any steps that failed the first time will be retried.  I would do a Restart on the Windows system before reinstalling.  Note that on Win 8 and later, Restart is not the same as Shutdown and power up.
  • Rick Williams
    Rick Williams Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I'll give that a try.

Ok, I did a cold reboot and SmartCatSDR popped up and appears to be working.  I did a restart on the update, so on my version of Win 7 Pro required a cold boot.  Sheesh!  
  • Vincent Martin - N5ATM
    Vincent Martin - N5ATM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I'm getting the same error.  I have tried re-installing 4 times.  Same issue every time.  FlexVSP seems to be not installing, missing or just not running.  Not sure which.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Open a HelpDesk support ticket if you continue to have issues.
  • Rick Williams
    Rick Williams Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    As posted above, I had to do a complete shutdown and restart of the computer, two reboots didn't do it.  Have you tried that?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.