Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR 1.6 is on the Download page

lyndy brannen
lyndy brannen Member ✭✭
My 6300 is updating now. On the air in minutes.

Comments

• Hector Garcia
    Hector Garcia Member
    edited January 2016
    not working now the Download page

• dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    servers are getting beat up
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    glad I am at work :)

will download tonight when I get home and USA is in bed

no staying up late now its a school night :)

thanks for the Flex team for their hard work - the Flex Insider pics of Maestro look great :)
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Same here, I downloaded it but can't install it until I get home.
  • Steve - KD8QWT
    edited December 2016
    Error establishing a database connection

We broke the internet!  Server must be hammered for sure.
  • Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited March 2018
    As Jimmy Buffet says its a "Feeding Frenzy"
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    We are currently having some server resource contention issues.  Please be patient and if you experience an issue downloading, please wait a few minutes and try again.  Repeatedly trying to download over and over again will only exacerbate the problem.  Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Hector Garcia
    Hector Garcia Member
    edited January 2016
    Finally , took me some in the pile up
    Will play now 
    XE2K
  • Andrew Holman2
    Andrew Holman2 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Things like this, might be good to put on something like an Amazon AWS instance and not beat up your server. It makes it tough for those who want to buy something from you guys during these instances too as your whole site throws a "Database Connection" error.

• Steve - KD8QWT
    edited January 2016
    No big deal and completely understandable.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Downloaded and installed on a 6500.  It went smoothly.  

the desktop shortcut didn't work, it was pointed at the right spot. Created a new one and now that works also looks like the update is 100% good and this on Windows 10.... Flexcontrol / FLDIGI all go.

Great job...

Tim

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Woo Hoo!  Can't wait to get home.
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    no Win 10 DAX driver issues then - thats good :)

• N7BCP
    N7BCP Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    No issues so far with 1.6 upgrade of 6500 on Windows 10 64 bit - WSJT-X, DM780, and CW Skimmer working fine for a couple of hours now.
  • N7BCP
    N7BCP Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Spoke too soon.  Here is what I'm seeing:

After 1.6 install and power cycle of radio as requested in the install guide I connect to the 6500 with SmartSDR 1.6.  Pan 1 w/slice A, pan 2 w/slice B, and pan 3 w/slice D open. +RX button on all pans are grayed out so slice C has vanished.  I can open the fourth pan but there is no slice C and the +RX is still grayed out.  Close and open Smart SDR did not fix the issue.  If I close all but one pan and then I can add all four slices A,B,C,D.  I then closed slice B, C, and D and was finally able to open all four pans and add a single slice to each.  Maybe persistance had a problem during the upgrade?  More strangeness - I closed SmartSDR with the four pans each with one slice and when I restarted SmartSDR, pan 1 had slice A, pan 2 had slice B, pan 3 had slice C & D, and pan 4 had no slice.  I then closed slice D on pan 3 and +RX was ungrayed out and I was able to add slice D to pan 4.  Close and open SmartSDR and now all pans open each with one slice as I had lefted it prior to stop and restart of Smart SDR.  All seems fine now after muliple stop/start of SmartSDR.

-no, I did not eat the fourth slice ;)
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Cold boot the radio (power down and remove DC power monetarily) and see if that makes a difference.

If not, export your profiles except for the preferences.  Factory reset the radio and try to reproduce the issue. If you can't, import your profile and see if it is still working.  If it fails after the factory reset, please open a HelpDesk ticket on the issue.
  • N7BCP
    N7BCP Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I'm not able to reproduce the issue since playing with the slices and pans.  If this happens again I'll follow these instructions.  Thanks.
  • N7BCP
    N7BCP Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Since running 1.6 for a day and a half my NVidia driver is crashing - it happens every few minutes while SmartSDR 1.6 is running - it recovers but leaves SmartSdr app displaying as a big white blank window - other apps are still working after the driver recovers.  If SmartSDR is not running, no graphics driver crash.  Running the latest NVidia driver - same as the driver that was being used with SmartSDR 1.5x -anyone else seeing this.  I'm running a Mac Book Pro Windows 10 64 bit.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.