Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR 1.6.17 Release Notes - a sneak peek

Tim - W4TME
Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
As the last of the SmartSDR v1.6 Sneak Peek series, this is the link to the SmartSDR v1.6.17 Release Notes.

A  few things to note.

We have changed the way we do release version numbering for initial minor releases.  In the past, we would have released a 1.6.0, but starting now, we are using the actual release version number generated through the alpha testing process.  In this case, the initial SmartSDR v1.6 release is version 1.6.17.

Please read the new "Best Practices" sections in the release notes for upgrading to SmartSDR v1.6.17.  Due to the significant and extensive changes to the code that were made for SmartSDR v1.6, the ability to conveniently revert back to a previous version of SmartSDR has some critical caveats.  The key takeaway is that is is strongly suggested that you do a full export of your existing SmartSDR profiles and save it in a secure location.  The export file will be needed to recover your previous profiles if you decide to revert to a previous version of SmartSDR due to a backwards incompatibility in the database schema.  As part of the SmartSDR upgrade process, your previous profile database will be converted to the 1.6 format automatically.

Also, the DAX drivers and CAT port configurations will be automatically updated as part of the upgrade process.  As long as you do not have any third-party applications using a DAX channel or a CAT virtual com port, you should not experience any issues upgrading CAT or DAX.  So note that you probably want to shut down all running programs on your PC when doing the installation of SmartSDR v1.6.17 just to be sure.

And, if you use FreeDV or D-STAR, you will need to uninstall both the Waveform applications and the waveform modules loaded in the radio and install new versions as these have been updated as well.

We are putting the final touches on the release software as I type this, so stay tuned for the official release announcement later today.

Comments

• Charles - K5UA
    Charles - K5UA Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    College National Football Championship Game or SSDR 1.6.17................ My football friends are not going to understand.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ham club tonight, and I am giving a presentation on LOTW.  I would love to do it on remoting my 6500 with the new 1.6 software, but I won't have time to learn it well enough tonight before the meeting.  Perhaps next month!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    If I were a betting man, I'd think you have a good shot at it ;-)
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    @Charles.

Remote it so you can do both

I work it iPad via K6TU remote in my House so I can see the game
  • Rob AB1NJ
    Rob AB1NJ Member
    edited January 2017
    v1.6 updated and running fine on my 6300.  Looks FB so far.  Good job guys.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Had to do the presentation on another subject. Didn't have time to install new software on laptop and get it running in time for the meeting. Then I couldn't get my VPN working on the iPad. It was working last week... Will mess with it later. But I did enjoy playing for an hour with 1.6.17 before leaving for the meeting.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.