Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Birdview toggle switch

Takeshi Yamada
Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
edited September 2018 in New Ideas
Idea) Toggle button to widen and narrow panadaptor window showing range of frequency.

Two years has passed since I started using Flex6500 and now the panadaptor is an indispensable tool like fishfinder for fisherman. 
When I dig into the very narrow band width to find a rate one, I sometimes want to see what is happening on this band other segment from macroscopic view (birdview), like 14000 - 14350Khz, with a push of button and coming back to the current position with another push - back and forth in an action.
Left corner of the panadaptor window is left open for such toggle switch?

73 de JI1BNU
Ken Yamada

Comments

• Brent Parker
    Brent Parker Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I'm  basically doing that with macro's in DDutil.  I'm running a MFJ Mag Loop and it really helps, when changing bands to get out to that wide view and then turn the loop. You can see where it's tuning to.

I have three settings:   

Narrow:  DD6PBW0:.075;  
    Normal:  DD6PBW0:.275;  
    Wide:     DD6PBW0:8.2000;  

These set the width, to 75, 275 and really wide at 8200!  The last one is great to watch the mag loop cap turn from 20 meters to 40 meters.

However, having it built into the panadaptor, would be great too!

Brent W8XG
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I do the same with a Genovation 24 Keypad and DDUTIL Macros

Push a Key - Zoom In   Push a Key - Center - Push a Key Zoom Out

Much faster than moving a mouse to a spot on a Screen
  • Brent Parker
    Brent Parker Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Howard, do you have the macro handy, for center?  Thanks
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    DD6PCF0;
  • Brent Parker
    Brent Parker Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Installed. Perfect. Thanks!
  • Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member
    edited September 2018
    I'll try these when I get home. Thanks all 73 Wayne
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Ken,
    Here is an idea I posted a while back to show both the macro and micro slice views at the same time.   It's a different approach but may be of interest.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/****_slices_idea_to_synch_up_2_slices?topic-reply-...

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    6700 - HW......... V 1.5.1.70
    SSDR / DAX...... V 1.5.1.152
    CAT................... V 1.5.1.0
    Win10

• Takeshi Yamada
    Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    It works! 
    Thank you!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.