Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I cannot access 2 meter repeaters

W5UN_Dave
W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I need a little help. I have my 6700 setup with a 147.320 RX - 147.920 TX split for a local repeater. I am in FM mode, and do have the DEMI amp on which puts out up to 50 watts on 2 meter FM. I see the power out, but cannot "break" the repeater. I hear the traffic on 147.320 OK. Where am I going wrong?

Answers

• Joe
    Joe Member
    edited February 2019
      Does it have a pl tone?
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Agree with Joe ..... transmit Tone needed?
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I've been known to transmit on the wrong slice from time to time. Or antenna.
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    OK that's logical, how do I add the pl tone?
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    how do I add the pl tone to my TX slice??
  • Joe
    Joe Member
    edited January 2016
    I am not sure you can. I don't have a 2m transverter.  You would need a tone board for that if its not built into the transverter.
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I see the CTCTX and have turned it on, however I don't know what to select below that window for tone type for 2 meter repeaters
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    RTFM

Change the value in the drop down list XZ to your PL

• RoyS
    RoyS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Dave,
    I don't have a transverter but here is some info you might use.
    You should listen on 146.920 and transmit on 146.320 with a PL tone of 103.5.
    The repeater is one of the WB5UGT/SALTGRASS group.
    I'm sorry I can't help with the setup of your transverter. This info is from the 2014 ARRL Repeater Directory.

73 - Roy - W5TKZ 
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Thanks Howard, I have done that. My repeater tone requires 114.8. I have set that as 16 2A 114.8 but still cannot break the repeater.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Did you turn Off to ON above it?
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Where is the off-on switch?
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    It's the furor down above the where you set PL frequencies.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Also make sure your transmit low cut is set to zero for FM as you need to send low frequency tones
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Howard, tnx for your help.
    Yes, I have it turned on, and low cut set to zero. Still no joy. Can't access the repeater. Split is correct, TXing on the +600 mHz as required by this particular repeater. I can access the repeater easily with my 1 watt handheld. Go figure.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Reverse the handheld and see if you can hear whether or not you are transmitting the sub-audible?
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Howard, GOT IT. The repeater tone listing was given incorrect on the internet. Fixed that to 151.4 and all works now. Again thanks for your help.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.