Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Additional interface for SmartSDR

Johan Schepers PA3AIN
edited April 2020 in New Ideas

Additional interface for SmartSDR

I have for personal use interface with c# written for use in combination with SmartSDR.

The compiled program can be downloaded at

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7i7gk4cgw0aek3q/SSDRInterface.zip?dl=0

Please read before the first use the readmefirst.txt.

Greetings,

Johan PA3AIN

Comments

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Very cool Johan!

• James Whiteway
    edited January 2016
    Well done!
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Good work. Thanks for sharing.

73 Chris
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Goeie Middag, Johan.

I like your programming effort, this can be the start of a very good additional
    program, which gives us a lot of possibilities and functions. A lot of them should have
    been programmed into SmartSDR anyway, as they are easy to program and very
    useful, as showing temperature, voltage and SWR and centering a slice !
    I also like the S-meter and temperature graphics and all additional screens,
    which are very functional and work well!

Congrats, Johan and keep up the good work!

Totziens and 73, Alex DH2ID
  • Johan Schepers PA3AIN
    edited January 2016

Dear Alex,

I think it is not necessary that FRS implements all this things in the SmartSDR app.

In my opinion, they must primary write the software in the rig and make the data from the rig available.

SmartSDR would be a program-monster if all our wishes would be implemented.

Some functions (like the S-meter graph) are very easy to programming. It takes 1 hour. I had no experience with the charts in C#.

FRS has, with the publication of the API, me and others given the possibility to make our own app.

Greetings

Johan PA3AIN

• KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Great work Johan. The ability to monitor the status of the many systems in the 6000 such as Temps, Volts, Amps, Fan Speed and the like might be very appealing to the serious DX'er, contester or anyone who is just curious.

KC2QMA

John
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Johan, I'm with you there ;-) But others and I have written here often enough that a "center" button should be added and the option to freeze the main slice in the middle oft the waterfall as an option and have the waterfall scrolling under the slice when tuning to a new frequency as in PowerSDR. Now if you could add this to your program... ;-)
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Alex, Here is a link to the "center" idea in case anyone want to add comments or votes. https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/locking-the-panafall-reposted-as-an-idea Regards , Al / NN4ZZ
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thank you, Al, that was my idea and posting, hi.... 73, Alex DH2ID
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Alex,
    Haha, I should have noticed. Figured if I posted the link others might add some votes and their comments if the have any additional feedback.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    So until SmartSDR 2.0 comes out I found a great use for the SmartSDR interface from PA3AIN.
    You can actually see and control de radio when someone else is connected into the radio with SmartSDR.
    I have an OM connected on my 6700 through VPN with SmartSDR and I have some control over the radio.

In combination with HRI I can see where he is on the slices.

Awesome!
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    FWIW..
     The DDUtil DD6PCF macro will center a slice in its panadapter..

AL, K0VM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.