Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Cat commands questions

IW7DMH, Enzo
IW7DMH, Enzo Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR CAT
Hello,

while I am writing a program that uses some CAT commands I found the following errors:

- ZZGT return always ?; when AGC mode is med;
- ZZRX return always ZZRX1 also when the MOX button is not pressed;
- ZZTX return always 1 also when the MOX radio is in receive mode;
- ZZSM return always ?;
- NB commands: I can set the NB level using the ZZNL command but I can't find a command to enable/disable it;
- NR commands: I can enable/disable it using the ZZNR command but I can't find a command to set the level.

I am referring to the official "SmartSDR CAT User Guide" v. 1.16 published on 09/10/2015 and it seems, now, that the download of the same document is not working. You can download only the German version.

I am wondering if there are undocumented commands that needs to be listed.

Thank you very much and I wish you Merry Christmas and Happy New year
73' Enzo
iw7dmh

Answers

• kr4k
    kr4k Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Recommend referring to these prior posts.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/cat-1-4-3-command-issues

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/matlab-cat-control

Most of these issues are known. Hopefully, they will be resolved in upcoming editions.

I continue work on the MATLAB classdef with all the Ethernet commands. Should have that done in mid January.

73/gus

• IW7DMH, Enzo
    IW7DMH, Enzo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hello Gus,

thank for your answer, I didn't aware of the previous issue post.
    I am working on an auto-switch box that use my Arduino libraries and some friends asked me to add phisical serial ports to it. It should be a great value for a computer-indipendent device and I would like it could work properly.
    I like very much your Matlab work and I am wondering if you have ever thought to use Matlab to print a 3 dimensional panadapter.

Thank you again and Best Whishes
    Enzo
    iw7dmh
  • kr4k
    kr4k Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Am currently working on the Java UDP interface to efficiently capture the panadapter and other VITA-49 information. I have been looking at a waterfall view, but the 3D view would be easy to implement. That is an interesting idea. I use 3D freq-time-amplitude plots all the time.

Best wishes to you.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2020
    The CAT "engine" and the user interface has been completely re-written for the upcoming SmartSDR v1.6.  A lot of these issues should addressed with the re-write.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    any update on the V1.6 ETA ?   

I notice cat is logging messages in:
    .../FlexRadio Systems/SmartSDR/Cat/Logs/
    is there a way to turn these off?

Thanks for the Happy Holidays wishes in multiple languages. Allow me to fill in the one missed one language though (if I may be so bold):

....  .-  .--.   .--.  -.--    ....  ---  .-..  ..  -..  .-   -.--  ...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.