Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Behringer CMD Micro DJ Midi Controller for use with Flex 6000

Comments

• Steve Belcak
    Steve Belcak Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Well my $47 CMD Micro showed up yesterday....out of the box, run the software and it worked perfectly. William thanks again for the software.

I'm looking for something that I can stick to the large Tune A/B knobs....it would be ideal had they have an indent or something that would let u spin them a bit easier.

I was wondering if any other users have come up with some kind of stick on that would improve the knobs spin capability.....

Thanks

Steve
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Search the older thread on the Behringer CMD micro. Someone posted how they glued an aluminum knob to them. I don't remember where, but it seems to me it was near the bottom of the thread...
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    These Behringer knobs are sensitive to your touch. Tuning speed varies
    accordingly. If you stick something to them, speed variation won't work anymore. I can easily tune with them without having bigger knobs.image
  • Steve Wragge
    Steve Wragge Member
    edited December 2015
    Has anybody got this app working under Windows 10 properly yet?

I recall trying it about 4 months ago, not long after W10 release and could not get the driver/app to load or something like that. Any progress on it?

Steve G1XOW

• JDE
    JDE Member
    edited December 2016
    Steve Belcak: There used to be a company called FingerDimple.com but when I do a search, it gets redirected. I could not find any reference through Elecraft either. Don't know what happened to them... There's another company that has custom knobs, but they seem emormously outrageous in price. (http://www.73cnc.com/category_s/43.htm?searching=Y&sort=5&cat=43&show=100&page=1).

• Steve Belcak
    Steve Belcak Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Steve I hv this working out of the box....I7, 16G, Win 10 Pro
    I used the latest version of software referenced just 4 days ago....
    Just another input, I used an ext. USB hub just to make sure the CMD had sufficient power to run (only problem is the controller doesn't shut down with the computer - I assume as long as it gets power the panel stays lit) and I checked in   Win/Device Mgr/Sound to make sure the midi driver was installed and running.

Good Luck

Steve
  • Steve Belcak
    Steve Belcak Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    JDE

thank's for the ideas....I hv some felt pads around that are used to protect floors I'm thinking if I can  punch a nice round hole in the middle of one of these pads then stick it on the knob it just might work.....

Steve
  • Bob - W7KWS -
    Bob - W7KWS - Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    The picture below shows my solution.  I've glued a knob onto each of the DJ controller's two knobs.  My knobs are aluminum to maintain the capacitive speed change William worked so hard to perfect.  Plastic would work around that sensitivity if that is preferred.  Plastic knobs of the right size, with dimples, are easier to find than aluminum.  Look for amplifier tuning knobs from Ameratron.  There is also a good selection on eBay.

• Steve Belcak
    Steve Belcak Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Thanks Bob...your's look perfect...can u tell me where u bought them and maybe a part number...
    Thanks Steve K3WKM
  • Bob - W7KWS -
    Bob - W7KWS - Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Sorry Steve, I bought these as a lot of two on-line eight months ago.  Only the size was described at the time.  They weren't even describe as aluminum, I just got lucky. 

I have an identical knob on the T Mate 2 controller from Woodbox Radio but I don't know if you can buy just knobs from them or not. 

Before I was using these I used plastic Fluted Daka-Ware tuning knobs similar to the kind on Ameratron amps.  They can be found on eBay.  be sure to confirm the size as this link is just an example of what I'm referring to.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fluted-Daka-Ware-Tuning-Knob-2-Dia-Skirt-No-Pointer/360399360920?_trksid=p20...

• Steve Belcak
    Steve Belcak Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Thanks Bob...did u ever remove the original knobs....do u know are they just press fit on?  By the way...u did a nice job on the labeling...looks good...thanks for the photo!

- 73 Steve K3WKM
  • Bob - W7KWS -
    Bob - W7KWS - Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    All knobs were glued on with RTV (silicone clear).  This can be removed and cleaned up with alcohol.  Don't use too much.
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I'm really hankering for a nice weighted tuning knob coupled to an encoder with a high pulse rate.  

What is the steps per revolution with the DJ controller?

Has anybody tried to hack into a DJ Controller or FlexControl knob and hijack the encoder line?  It seems like it should be do-able?  There are Omron 2000ppr encoders on eBay for $25 and thinking they would be amazing with a 10hz step.

Thanks & 73,
    Barry N1EU
  • Steve Belcak
    Steve Belcak Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
     I hv the CMD Micro working out of the box....I7, 16G, Win 10 Pro, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard and the latest of Williams software. Works great!

Only issue I have is all the USB ports on the back of my PC hv power after shutdown so the CMD Micro stays lit even when all is off.  Looked for bios settings and power managment controls in Win 10 but no luck.

Anyone have any ideas how to **** the USB power?

Thanks
    Steve K3WKM
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    steve, I just pull the plug...on the cmd..73, dan

• Steve Belcak
    Steve Belcak Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Dan...why did u do that?
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Steve on my Toshiba notebook this is controlled via bios , if no way around full power off will help only or as example with iMac I using 10x USB hub with external power
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    when i want to **** power to it..

• Steve Belcak
    Steve Belcak Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Good Reply Dan!   pull the plug to **** power, not pull the plug and stop using the controller.....still too early for me just yet.....I get a little smarter as we approach lunch!!!
    Thanks...hv a great day!

Sergey...sounds like the thing to do...full power off! Thanks
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Barry, the tuning step is easily changed with the CUE, or Step button.  It toggles between 1, 10, and 50 Hz....plus, the dial is '2-speed', depending on which part you touch, top or edge...like my old Swan 350, ha!

• JDE
    JDE Member
    edited December 2016
    Steve, USB power-off options might depend on the computer/manufacturer. I built my own computer so there are physical jumpers on the mother board to set that option. On others there still may be a chance to select the option through the Device Manager. It may be listed under Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Right click for properties and navigate through what ever menu/option is available. Sometimes under listed under Power Management menus.
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Ok I got mine in a bout twenty minutes ago and hooked up and working! Having to figure out the way you navigate but it is working great!, to say the least, wish the guy still made the finger dimple you could glue on, they worked great. The vfo knobs are ok. Had a stand for I pad and it worked ok . Here are my pictures.imageimage
  • Steve Belcak
    Steve Belcak Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    For Sale - CMD Micro DJ Mini Controller - $40 plus shipping
    Original Box, USB cable
    email good on QRZ

Steve K3WKM
  • Bob- W5TX
    Bob- W5TX Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Why selling? Issues?
  • Steve Belcak
    Steve Belcak Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    No issues (unit is only 2 weeks old)...works great....software is terrific....why selling.....got a new amp on order and in all honesty I'm running out of space on my desk (see QRZ picture)....need to improve and consolidate my operating postion....
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Well I had the masestro ordered but I canceled for me this gave me more than I needed. I am bit saying it is as good but for me it is. I still love the mouse and point and click. But this works great so I will find new home for the flex controls.
  • EduardoCarvalho
    EduardoCarvalho Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    William,

I know this thread is a bit old, but I would like to get some guidance from you. I currently own a Pioneer DDJ-Wego and would like to make it work with your code. I think I only have to change the identifier in the source code. 

However, I am new to Java development and I am not sure how to build/compile the source code that you have posted. Would you please put some instructions on how to compile the project again?

I have tried using Eclipse and Processing, but I am not sure what to include. In Eclipse I was able to create a library with your .jar files and the code showed no errors, also I am not sure that Eclipse allows me to create an .exe file. 

If you prefer to send me an email directly, my information is correct on QRZ.com.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Eduardo Carvalho, KC8R
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Steve had sold his so I bought one from American Music Supply for $59.99 with free shipping. Joining the Micro DJ club...

Danny
    K2DMS
  • EduardoCarvalho
    EduardoCarvalho Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    William,

I just wanted to provide an update. I was able to compile the code and figure out how it is working. I am now working to modify the commands based on my controller's MIDI command set. 

Eduardo Carvalho, KC8R
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    You can search Google for a chart that will convert the midi note values to number values. That will help you make your conversions. William's software using the Processing language is excellent.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.