Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Software loading question

Options
KF4HR
KF4HR Member ✭✭
I went to load SSDR on a 2nd PC in the house (to allow for a 2nd operating location).  SSDR loaded fine, my Flex Radio was found and the window popped up indicating v1.5.0 and that a software upgrade was necessary, so I click on the Upgrade button.  Then another box pops up asking if I want to downgrade my software to the previous version, my choice being, yes go ahead and load a previous version of the software, or Cancel.  Of course I don't want to downgrade to a previous version of the software so I click Cancel and the screen reverts back to the first box telling me I need to upgrade the software, so I'm in an endless cycle.  Restarting the PC makes no difference, as the same cycle starts. 

This same scenario occurred when I first loaded SSDR on my main PC.  I had to go through first loading a previous version of the software, then upgrading to a current version.  Any idea why I'm being asked to load a previous version of the software from a fresh start?

Butch
KF4HR

Comments

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Before you upgrade to a new software version you first need to delete the desktop icons for SSDR.

Yare starting an older version. Of SSDR after you upgrade. By clicking on the old icon.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Howard - I'm addressing a problem with loading SSDR from scratch. 
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Are you using V1,51?
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    The disk that came with my 6700 loads v1.5.0.  Right after v1.5.0 loads the start box indicates I need to load an upgraded version of the software, which I assume will be v1.5.1, but when I click on the Upgrade button another box pops up asking I want to load a previous version of the software, and if I click no (Cancel) the cycle just continues.    
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    The software install process installs both the GUI as well as the corresponding version for the radio itself. If you've been running on one system and now want to add a second GUI, I suggest using the same binary msi on the second and subsequent computers that you had used on the first. In other words don't use the cd unless you are loading both machines essentially simultaneously. If you use the same msi file even if it asks if you want to whatever, let it do its thing as you are loading the same bits you used on the other computer.

This is one great reason to not keep multiple install programs floating around.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Walt - If I understand you correctly, I would just copy the .msi file from my main PC (already running SSDR), onto the 2nd PC and run that file instead of loading any of the software from the disk on to the 2nd PC?
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    When you go to the FRS site and download the ssdr (for Windows) installer, that gets put in temp or downloads or whatever and you dbl click on it to install the new version. Right? I would use that same file on the other machine, in that way you know you installed the same thing. If you grab some other newer or older installer you'll find yourself in a constant loop of one of the systems not working correctly. Make sense? <seriously, if you don't I or someone else can elaborate..
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Right.  Thanks.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Well... I'm getting real close.  I turned off my PC in my main location and now have SSDR (v1.5.1) running on a 2nd PC in my study.  I can control my Flex remotely from this 2nd location, tune frequencies, switch bands, etc, and the REMOTE button is lit in my 2nd location, but I have to two issues yet to solve.  Instead of the audio coming out of the speakers at my 2nd location, the audio comes out on the speakers in my shack.  And while the full SSDR screen appears in my 2nd PC location, there's no panadapter or waterfall graphics.  
  • N7BCP
    N7BCP Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I think the issue may be that DAX is running on the PC connected to your shack speakers. I don't know if you can disable or reroute this from your second location.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have changed this post to a problem topic and converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.