Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CWX rise and fall times for CW envelope.

Howard K2AQ
Howard K2AQ Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
Super Aug Insider preview.  Would like to see CWX have the ability to adjust the rise and fall times of the CW envelope.  Any comments?

Comments

• Paul Christensen, W9AC
    Paul Christensen, W9AC Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020

If the CWX speed control is linked to the current CW speed slider, then three separate rise/fall states are already included based on sending speed.  The present waveform break points are at 20 and 30 wpm. 

I measure approx. 8 ms symmetrical rise/fall up to 20 wpm, 5 ms between 20-29 wpm, and 2 ms at 30+ wpm.

Paul, W9AC

• dl9eri/oe9eri
    dl9eri/oe9eri Member
    edited December 2016
    I hooked up my Rigol Scope today and had from 5 - 30WPM about 5mS and above 30WPM about 2mS rise time with Software Version 1.3.8  - the CW-speed slider was used for this test and I keyed with an Microham CW-Keyer up to 60WPM. Could no more find the 8mS down to 5 WPM.

I compared the CW-sideband-test-results from Adam AB4OJ between Anan 100D and Flex 6700 and was surprised about the difference of about 15dB@1KHz off carrier, although the diagrams are barely readable at the top 10dB.

When watching the panadapter from my 6500 in CW it´s easy to see that at 1KHz from carrier the sidebands are 70dB down no matter if 1-100Watts output.

Would be nice to hear more from CW-operators about the impressions for the 6000s. My 6500 has not the popping problem that N4LQ has described.

The QSK with my preferred speed of 25-30WPM is vy pleasant and makes a lot of fun. The reed-relay is vy quiet with the flex under the desk - the vacuum-relay from my HerculesII-Mod.420 is much louder....

73, Helmut dl9eri/oe9eri
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Paul,
    Have you measured rise/fall times in more recent software releases?  I seem to remember reading somewhere that they were changed to keep them between 6-8 ms now, depending upon Keyer Speed setting.  Last I heard there was also only an 8 ms delay between keydown and beginning of note.  This is pretty good, I think.  
  • Paul Christensen, W9AC
    Paul Christensen, W9AC Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Hi Ken.  It's been over a year that I've made any CW waveform measurements.  I can do this after the Thanksgiving holiday. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.