Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Finally Got VK9WA, Willis Island, on 12 SSB!

2»

Comments

• Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    The 30m contact didn't make it into the log...may have been a pirate, but I have 'em on 20 RTTY, 17 CW, 15 CW, 12 CW, 12 SSB, & 10 CW!
  • Wim
    Wim Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Got them on 20m RTTY this morning on my G.P. signal was S5, it's a lotta settings
    getting DAX in split mode but worked it out using DAX RX1 in receive slice and DAX TX2
    on transmit side
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    your making life hard for yourself!

RTTY mode ....

for dxpeds ... single slice and enable XIT .. dial in the offset ie 2500

done!

no split or dual DAX etc

takes me seconds to setup - even better if you allow XIT onto a control on the flex control and then you can adjust the offset as you work!

Cheers

Simon Zl4PLM
  • Wim
    Wim Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    makes sense, tnx for the tip, was my first split digital mode contact ;-)
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    I guess at some point they will sort a split mode for digi but that's the easiest way I have found so far

btw I busted the JA wall from here last week on a buddipole at the home QTH (building a new house and the real shack is /P at the mo!)

Using the 6500 and the pana I was able to find the hole and bammm in the log!

:)

• Wim
    Wim Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    hey buddy if you can do it with a pole that's great ;-)
    But digi modes and compromise antennas + Flex seem to go well together.
    Good luck building the new shack, don't forget that 130 ft tower
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Exactly how I do it, Simon. Works great.
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Wim I have 26 sections of Rohn 55g stored ready :)

can't say I prefer to do it BP barefoot .. the /P shack has 1KW and a low hung hexbeam which is better than the BP/100w ... better still will be the 10 ele Log P. at 60ft!

Roll on March when we move in :)

• Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    All with a Flex 6300, Acom 1000, That pan adapter is certainly "the" game changer.
    The ZOO gets a bit nutty at times.
    Of course I've been fortunate this past week was off work mainly tending to a new granddaughter
    but many of these I would normally be at work, back to reality in the morning.

Your mileage may vary.

N9IO     VK9WA     2015-11-15 15M     SSB     
    N9IO     VK9WA     2015-11-16 20M     SSB
    N9IO     VK9WA     2015-11-20 40M     SSB
    N9IO     VK9WA     2015-11-20 20M     RTTY
    N9IO     VK9WA     2015-11-22 10M     CW

73'
    Clay N9IO

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.