Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR graphics slow down on transmit

Mark Smith - KB5KYX
Mark Smith - KB5KYX Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
When I transmit with or without power the SmartSDR pan adapter and other graphics movement within the software such as level meter will slow to a crawl. This slowness isn't there when receiving, only transmit. It also happens if the microphone picks up my voice and I have the Enable Level Meter During Receive selected. My transmitted signal is still getting out, as I can monitor myself on a separate radio. This did not happen previous to installing 1.5.1. I've tried re-install of SmartSDR 1.5.1 but no change. Anyone else experience this? (Flex-6500, Win 7, SmartSDR 1.5.1). Should I reset the 6500 and if so what are the steps for a factory reset? Thanks!

Comments

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    The steps for resetting to factory defaults are
    1)  export our profiles
    2) shut down SSDR
    3) shut down the 6500 by pushing the square reset button on the 6500
    4) Push and hold the OK button. Push the square button, hold the OK button until the display counts down to zero ( no longer 1)
    5) wait for the radio to complete the reboot process.
    6) start SSDR.. Test for your problem.. import your profiles and test again.

AL, K0VM
  • Mark Smith - KB5KYX
    edited October 2019
    Thanks for the reset info, but unfortunately it did not help with the software slow response.

It appears that the entire interface is slower than normal. Like re-sizing the window seems slower than normal, and also the little info/tips that pop up are not smooth. The panadapter speed on received signals seems ok.
  • Mark Smith - KB5KYX
    edited October 2019
    I remembered that I had made changes to my AMD Catalyst Control Center settings a week ago to see if I could improve performance on my gaming software. I selected "Override Application Settings" for "Anti-Aliasing" and "Anisotropic Filtering". It helped my gaming software, but appears to hinder SmartSDR. I reset the AMD Catalyst Control Center to use the application settings, and now it looks great again!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.