Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Mouse click combo makes TNF disappear

EA4GLI
EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
So I found this problem. Not a big issue but might want to put it in the bug tracker.

If you have an active TNF and you right click on it you get a pop up menu where you can select the depth of the TNF or if you want to remove, remember, etc.

If you move up away from that menu and the mouse pointer remains in the yellow area of the TNF and you left click on it, it disappears. If you do the same thing but the mouse pointer is outside of the yellow zone of the TNF and you left click then the behavior is the normal one, the TNF remains and the menu disappears.

If you have 2 TNFs and you right click on one and then move the mouse and left click on the other outside the popup menu the second TNF will close.

You can do this even if the TNF is on a different panadapter slice.

It's like the left click defaults to remove TNF when you move away from the TNF menu but stay in the yellow area of an active TNF. You get this behavior even if you have greyed out TNFs. As long as you left click on the TNF column.

Comments

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Can you make a recording of this and post to youtube? What version of SSDR and Windows are you running? I have tried to duplicated from what I understand your describing and it seems to behave the way I expect not removing the TNF's.

Here is one free program you use to record screen sessions. There are others.
    http://www.bbsoftware.co.uk/BBFlashBackExpress/Download.aspx
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Ok I am able to able to recreate that using SSDR 1.5.1 Windows 10. What I was missing staying within the TNF yellow band to have the left or right click cause it to be deleted. That does seem like unexpected behavior though easily avoided by making sure not to click within the TNF yellow band. As you said probably could be added to the bug tracking. Or maybe that is a feature for quick delete ;-)
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have entered this problem report into our bug tracker for additional investigation. Thank you for the defect report.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Hi Tim, Thanks for the acknowledgement.

I have found another thing. The infocus area of the volumen round slider is smaller than the actual image. This happens in both the floating menu besides a slice and the Active slice menu on the side menus. This makes is very difficult to move the volume up and down (left and right) with the mouse pointer. I will create a small video that will explain it better and post it.

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.