Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

upgrade questions

Options
dlwarnberg
dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
So with the decision to upgrade to the 6500 from a 6300 I have some questions..  I have installed and working SmartSDR 1.5.1, will I need to uninstall and reinstall this software with the new rig?  I am hoping not as I have several memories programmed and DAX is working well.  Second question, transverters... can I run 2?  one for 70cm one for 2 meters and if I purchase the ThumbDV will it work with the transverters??

Lastly, what are the recommended transverters?

Thanks

Answers

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    You should be able to use the SmartSDR that is installed. It will see the new radio when you start it. I would suggest your export your profiles to restore them if needed. Always  good to export you current good working set up  as a backup for time to time.

You can have multiple transverters but only use one at a time from my understanding and experience. The ThumbDV should work with transverter as well.

I have two (144 & 220) inexpensive 'ok' transverters from http://www.transverters-store.com

More stable and expensive options:
    http://www.downeastmicrowave.com/
    http://www.elecraft.com/XV/XV.htm

• dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Thank you
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    David.
       You will not need to uninstall your current SSDR.  However, nearly all radio configuration items are stored in the radio, thus if you wish to reuse your current configurations/profiles, you will need to export them to the PC and then import them once you get the new radio..

Al, K0VM

• NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    And you should export the radio's configurations and profiles any time you make a change to them that you would rather not loose.  Very occasionally  a radio may crash, and when it does it may be necessary to do a "factory reset" to restore normal operation.  All of your carefully built up profiles and preferences will be lost in such a case if you can't restore them from a previously exported copy.

It's just like any other computer software backup scenario.  Back up regularly to avoid future headaches.

• dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Thanks all... nice thing about all this is I only have memory channels that I really want to save, as far profiles I have yet to really set anything up...  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.