Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW Skimmer Audio problem

Steve Belcak
Steve Belcak Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in Third-Party Software
all of a sudden I get this error message when using CWSkimmer and SDRBridge.....

lots of looking but I can't find a solution.....Flex 6500 and Win 10 Pro

Realtek HD Audio output is my default audio....things had been working well but now I'm at a lose in my attempts to fix this problem...should also mention I've tried DDutil & SDRBridge but no joy either way.....also Realtek HD Audio is working well in all other apps.

Thanks for any help/suggestions...

Steve
K3WKM

Answers

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Steve, could you please post a screenshot of your CW Skimmer audio settings ?

This seems to be a problem with your audio output to your speaker, nothing to do with DAX.

Just select another soundcard in CW Skimmer and try again.

73 Alex - DH2ID
  • Steve Belcak
    Steve Belcak Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thank you Alex.....here are the audio settings for Skimmer

when u suggest to select another sound card, this is the only card I have....it works fine in all other apps...

Thank u for ur help!

Steve
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Try choosing MME instead of WDM, Steve.
  • Steve Belcak
    Steve Belcak Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I did but no success

Steve
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Steve, I have started CW Skimmer and find, that I also cannot start the Realtek output
    without getting an error. Interstingly this does not happen, if I start it with my SDR-IQ,
    which has it's own mode. You should write this as a bug to the SDR Bridge programmer.
    Here is my setup and workaround:

Or, if you want to hear cw signals with CW Skimmer:

If someone has another idea or workaround, please answer here!

73, Alex - DH2ID
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    The green bars to the right of your screenshot point to an audio problem or wrong setup with your CW Skimmer. It should be set to Soft Rock, and I need no more than 48k, I therefore set both DAX and CW Skimmer to 48k. BTW sometimes I have to restart my notebook to get it running.
  • Steve Belcak
    Steve Belcak Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Alex....appreciate your help and suggestions....

you won't believe this!!   I thought SDR was running and I started Bridge and Skimmer....realized real quick SDR wasn't running so I started it up.....was surprised to see that Skimmer was working very nicely.....is this the answer, start Bridge and Skimmer first??

OK so shut all down and re-started my normal way.....SDR then Bridge .... Skimmer....It worked just fine....

I'm glad things seem to be working again but bothered that I don't know what brought everything back to life...

Thanks for your support...

Steve

• Steve Belcak
    Steve Belcak Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Alex ...what I've found is that if something else is using Realtek Audio out, you'll get the error message....turns out Skype is set on my machine to autostart when I boot up.....it uses Realtek audio out....I found this out because I got a call on Skype while Skimmer was running and Skype gave me an error message.....

I switched to ur approach of using SPDIF out and all seems to be fine....skimmer and skype both working....wonder if this is a Win 10 issue? What OS are u using.

If I learn any more, I'll let you know.

Steve
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I'm using Windows7 HE 64bit.
    I've deleted Skype long time ago, don't need it anyway...There must be other
    programs which use the Realtek output....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.