Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Question about Maestro Options

KF4HR
KF4HR Member ✭✭
According to the latest Insider, Flex plans to offer options for the Maestro.  For those that have  pre-ordered the Maestro will their unit come with the wireless battery and variable tilt feet?  And not, is it too early to get on the list for these two options?

KF4HR   

Answers

• Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    What are the options for the Maestro? I would have thought it would have come with feet and the proper battery (at least one)
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I am confident all that will be covered when FRS makes the announcement. From earlier collateral, it does not, if recollection serves.
  • K0UNX
    K0UNX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    So many questions!  I remember reading [somewhere] that Wi-Fi would be part of the BATTERY, rather than the console.  That didn't make sense to me.  It seems like you got the same impression.

I also got the impression that there would be NO FEET OR STAND included, and that would be an "option."  It would be hard to operate if you couldn't stand the thing up.  But the "constant torque" feet look to be really really expensive.  A simple BAIL should do nicely, and most people would use just one angle, probably around 30 degrees, so a very simple bail should suffice nicely.

I'd be inclined to order TWO batteries, and would probably just use them for carrying the Maestro from one electrical outlet to another, running on mains when stationary.  

Bluetooth headset -YEAH!  Way to go, Mo!  No cords to trip over or yank the Maestro off the picnic table!

SO DEAR FLEX, PLEASE GIVE US MORE TO CHEW ON AND CONSIDER BEFORE WE GET THE CALL SAYING, "YOUR MAESTRO IS READY, WHAT SHOULD WE PACK WITH IT?"

PRETTY PLEASE?  HUH?  DING-DING!!!

JIM FLANNERY
    K0UNX
    LITTLETON, COLORADO

• Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I have a question...if you run HRD, FLdigi or some other digital mode program, what do you use with the Maestro? You can't load a digital program on it. So what do you use, how do you do PSK for example or RTTY?
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Maestro has a digital program, it's a dedicated SSDR  using embedded Windows.

Can you currently use HRD on a different machine or doesn't it have to be collocated. My understanding, and current usage, is, they must be collocated.
  • Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Walt, you need to explain more to me. How does the Maestro get audio to the HRD, FLdigi program? Would I need to have my computer or laptop present to have the audio feed into the sound card?
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Rick, the Maestro is for using a Flex6k radio "without a PC" for SSB, FM, AM,
    (and maybe PSK and RTTY later with an external keyboard).

If you want to log digitally or use any digital mode you have to use a notebook
    or a tablet and run SSDR on it and you digital programs.
  • K1ESE
    K1ESE Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    What's the price on the feet and battery?

73 de K1ESE
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Several of these questions are answered on the FAQ page for the Maestro.
    The bat / feet are options. This post by Steve:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/maestro-basic-questions?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings...

shows some other interesting tidbits.  Quoting: " Maestro was designed so that you can purchase off-the-shelf batteries from other vendors.... batteries for $20-40 on the Internet".  I trust this is a Lith or LIFePO4.

Digi modes are explained in the FAQ.
    It also supports CW.  From the FAQ : "Maestro will work with non-QSK CW only."   Yeah!

k3Tim

• Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Rick, There is no requirement that DAX and SSDR run on the same computer, so I am assuming that the same is true with Maestro.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Mark is correct. From an operational standpoint, Maestro and SmartSDR for Windows are equivalent; they are the control "programs" for the radio.  DAX and CAT are independent programs that can be run on a PC without having SmartSDR running.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    We are finalizing the pricing for the Maestro options.  This information should be available soon.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016

Tim

Might be helpful to have ready a "user's package" as the device isn't going to be much use without a way to stand it up (feet), a way to power it (either an adaptor or battery pack/charger or both) and a way to talk to it (microphone or mic cable adaptor, as it uses a different connector than the Flex-6x00 series).

It could be pretty disappointing to have a new Maestro arrive only to find out a ham needed to order more stuff to make it work.

Steve K9ZW

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    As per the Maestro FAQ: http://www.flexradio.com/amateur-products/flex-6000-signature-series/maestro/

What standard items are items are included with Maestro?
    Included with the Maestro are the following standard items:
    •     A 30 degree tilt desk stand
    •     One 6 foot DC power power cable with 2.5mm barrel connector and pigtails
    •     A wall mount AC power supply
    •     One 7 foot Ethernet CAT5 cable
    •     One 1/4 inch TRS jack to 1/8 inch TRS plug adapter
    •     Maestro Quick Start Guide
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    What is a wireless battery, how do you get the power out?
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

We'd love tell you Burt, but you'd find it too shocking!

<grin>

Steve K9ZW

• Mark - K9MQ
    Mark - K9MQ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    If I preorder a Maestro now, will be able to add the optional accessories before my order ships so I don't incur additional shipping charges?
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yes, you will.  
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I find your comment reVOLTing. I wonder if I can send in the $100 deposit to freeze the price but not take delivery until spring?
  • Manuel - W4SSB
    edited May 2016
    Where do you order the battery? I don't see it listed on your website.
  • Steve (N9SKM)
    Steve (N9SKM) Member
    edited May 2016
    They do not offer the battery as an option there are a couple of threads discussing this and the ones people have had luck with using in the Maestro.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Maestro is designed to use an off-the-shelf battery pack (think cell phone power pack).  Because of the easy availability of these devices from reputable vendors (Amazon, etc) and the shipping restrictions associated with a battery, we have chosen not to stock or ship a battery. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.