Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tutorial Video: Using Full Duplex Mode to Monitor Transmit Audio During Adjustment

2»

Comments

• Stefano - W2WTZ
    edited June 2017
    Well done Ken!!!
  • Steve Belcak
    Steve Belcak Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Nice job Ken..Thanks
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Ken, Love your tutorials!  Keep'em coming!

Can I ask what software you are using to do the screen caps?  I have Snagit that records pix and video but I've been unable to get it to record the audio from the flex radio.

I'm hoping to use something to record both the screen and the audio so I can get some help/suggestions on tracking down some noise I see.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Great video Ken. Finally got around to watching it. Unfortunately, I am one that cant get past the idiot sound with the delay. Tried for hours and it still trips me up so I have to record it or listen on another rig.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Jay, Pure commercial suicide for a company to let details of a subsequent product/product line out of the bag. What tends to happen is that the revenue stream dries up as everybody waits for its release.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Ken, as you have asked for 'requests', I'd like to vote for an RTTY video using FLDigi and the new SSDR RTTY mode.

Reading guides is like teaching somebody to drive by giving them a manual instead of actually showing them.
  • Peter K1PGV
    Peter K1PGV Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Nice job Ken!  I *really* liked that tutorial.  Thanks for taking the time to put it together.

It would be fun to hear the difference while watching you adjust some of the EQ sliders.  That's the sort of thing that I find really hard to evaluate when I'm doing it "real time"... I'm a "record and play back" guy (that delay... can't get over it).

Anyhow, nice work.  More tutorials like this one would be great!

Peter
    K1PGV
  • WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Me too
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I am using Online Broadcast Software from OBSProject.com. It is free, and allows a Mike/aux source and a desktop audio source. I am getting my main Mike input from my USB mixer. For the desktop audio (rig audio) I am doing something a bit unorthodox...I am tapping into the DAX RX 1 RESERVED line. They say not to mess with the RESERVED line, but it works to tap it for the recording. You could alternatively use the REMOTE function and capture the rig audio from the default speaker line. Give it a try. Ken - NM9P
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I will see if I can tackle that one sometime this week. No promises though. It is fall break week and the XYL and Harmonic may have lots of plans for my week off!

I have plans on the following subjects so far:

RTTY with MMTTY
    RTTY with FLDigi
    Other digital modes with DAX,
    Running splits for DXing
    Setting up the flex with N1MM+ with the voice keyer.
    Setting up with N1MM+ and CWX macros.
    Tricks and tips for the 6000 series.

But don't expect them all this week. Ken - NM9P
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I left that one off the list. But I plan to do one like that, too. It helps to see and hear the effect of adjusting each different EQ slider. I may combine this with with one on adjusting for the standard Mike. Or I may make it a separate tutorial on adjusting for a new Mike...
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    That looks like there will be something for everybody in that mix. I look forward to adding them to my local collection here.

Enjoy the break...if your family lets you, LOLZ.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Jay an I were just playing, Guy. Actually I am not on the "inside." Nor am I an Alpha tester. (I wish I were!)
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Guy 

As per the NDA agreement, Both Ken and I are not Alpha testers. At least we don't think we are yet. Even if we were, we wouldn't be sharing that information publically.

Unless we were only joking, when we signed the NDA. All I can really truthfully say is, so far I haven't signed an NDA agreement, therefore "I Know Noting!", so far at least.

Which, as per the NDA, is how it's supposed to be. If I ever do sign an NDA, I'll have to stop joking about NDAs and secrets. I was just trying to joke about them while I still can. image

73, Jay - NO5J     
  • Dave - W6OVP
    Dave - W6OVP Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I have plans on the following subjects so far:

RTTY with MMTTY
    RTTY with FLDigi
    Other digital modes with DAX,
    Running splits for DXing
    Setting up the flex with N1MM+ with the voice keyer.
    Setting up with N1MM+ and CWX macros.
    Tricks and tips for the 6000 series.

That all sounds good, Ken. But remember, writers (video or otherwise) are like preachers:

Writers want to scribble to the top of the pyramid of users, not to it's base where the numbers are largest and the need the greatest.

Preachers want to give sermons on Modern Eschatological Theories instead of "Jesus Loves Me, this I know..."

Please make your next video tutorial "Setting up your 6000 audio using what comes out of the box" and call it Number 1. That is by far the largest "market" for such help.

TNX  Dave  W6OVP

• Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Thanks. Very helpful today and allowed me to tailor my audio. Checked it with audio guru VE6CQ and he pronounced it "spot on". 73 Tim VE6SH
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Now where did I leave that "tongue in cheek" smiley?

• FrankP
    FrankP Member
    edited January 2018
    Can connect the transverter output to say antenna one (slice 1) then receive on antenna 2 (slice 2) I see another use for this feature for doing some antenna tests.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    In my video on "a tour of my audio profiles," I think I was transmitting on Slice A on XVTR and listening on Slice B on either ANT1 of RXA (My 160 antenna) in order to let RX noise through and demonstrate the effects of various Mic Profiles under noisy or weak signal conditions.

I wouldn't recommend connecting the transverter output to an antenna input.  There is enough internal leakage within a 6300/6500/6700 to get a S9 to S9+20 dB signal on some bands with the XVTR transmitting into a small dummy load.

I have, however transmitted into my dipole on Slice A / ANT1 and listened on my vertical on Slice B / ANT 2 and was able to listen to my own signal as long as I kept the power down to one or two watts.  I could listen about 15-20 KHz away at a full 100 Watts if the antennas were separated well enough on my 6500.
  • FrankP
    FrankP Member
    edited January 2018
    Thanks Ken. Sounds good.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.