Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Panafall with PSDR and HRD on 5000A?

Jack - WA2OLZ
Jack - WA2OLZ Member
edited December 2019 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
I'm a newbie at this so please be gentle with me ....

I am using a Flex-5000A running PSDR and Ham Radio Deluxe 6.2. I find that I am unable to view the Panafall display through HRD to Digital Master 780. The waterfall works fine on PSDR but the Panafall will not flow through to DM780.

It's not the end of the world, but it would be handy when running PSK31 (as far as I've dared to venture in digital comms!).

Is that 'the way it is' or am I missing some well hidden menu that will allow Panafall to mysteriously appear?

Tnx es 73,
Jack - WA2OLZ

Answers

• Jack - WA2OLZ
    Jack - WA2OLZ Member
    edited December 2019
    Correction: Ham Radio Deluxe 6.3.0 (Current release)
  • RoyS
    RoyS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Jack,
    It's been a long time since I used PSDR with my 3000 but I continue to used HRD with my 6300. The display on DM-780 is what you are going to see and use. There is no Panafall data flow from the 5000 to DM-780 other than signals and freq data. In other words, the waterfall in DM-780 is fixed by the program and cannot be changed from outside. I'm afraid you will just have to live with the Panafall from PSDR AND the Waterfall from DM-780.
    I personally never have a need for the radio once I have DM-780 set up. I just minimize the radio to the tray.

73 Roy - W5TKZ 
  • Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    Jack, The waterfall in DM780 is the receiver passband not the panadapter band spectrum . DM780 creates that waterfall and its signal filtering and signal selection as with most mode, with BPSK31 as the easiest to use and most popular Dudley
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Jack, I have a two-screen-setup with DM-780 on my notebook and SmartSDR on a side
    monitor. This works quite well, using MiniDeluxe as a HRD server for port 7809.
    73, Alex DH2ID

• Jack - WA2OLZ
    Jack - WA2OLZ Member
    edited April 2016
    Strange. I recall writing a follow-up post but apparently failed to push the Submit button...........

Thanks for the replies. I was under the misunderstanding that the waterfall seen on DM-780 was a pass-through product of PSDR. Now it makes sense.

I've been wanting a widescreen monitor for some time, so this is my justification to place the order!

Thanks again & 73
    Jack - WA2OLZ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.