Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

smartSDR has alzheimer's

DaveC
DaveC Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
version 1.5 seem to forget some of my setting when changing back and forth between bands. I have had the A.G.C turn back on, after I had turned it off, for a particular band after switching back and forth between bands. I also have had the DAX turn off. especially after a power cyclic. This use to work in the previous release.

Radio: Flex 6300

Comment on this user group: The search is pretty poor. When I do a search it always seems to give me over a 1,000 results. Almost useless.

Comments

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Re: the search facility. IIRC, it only searches the subject line and not the messages' contents. Never managed to use it successfully
  • Bill  /  VA3QB
    Bill / VA3QB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Instead of searching this forum, I do it in Google. Just put the topic item with flexradio as the first word.   Here is a good example  put this into Google search.  "flexradio RF Gain"  

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I believe I reported that about a year ago. I believe the upshot was it was in my head. Sometimes it seems to work, sometimes it doesn't. But switching band and having agc-t pop at 70 is deafening.
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    You can use the site: option in google to search a specific site....

For example:

site:community.flexradio.com smartsdr settings save

And one specific to you needs....

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Acommunity.flexradio.com+smartsdr+settings+save&oq=site%3A...

• DaveC
    DaveC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Just an update/observation:
    If I enter a frequency directly in the slice, the settings don't change.
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited December 2016
    I agree with this sentiment.  I generally do a Google search and insert the search term: site:community.flexradio.com 
  • rich
    rich Member
    edited March 2016

Yes, I too think that it has been reported; but I've never seen a formal, workable resolution.

This difficulty (forgetting settings after band switching) is still present in 1.5.1, albeit, happens very rarely.

I've found that always having a "TX Profile" selected seems to reduce the problem.

GL, 73, Rich, K3VAT

• IW7DMH, Enzo
    IW7DMH, Enzo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    You need to use the decimal point after the MHz cipher. For example 7.020100 and not 7020100.

73' Enzo
    iw7dmh

• DaveC
    DaveC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    This has not been addressed by Flex. Is it going to be fixed, or is it a "feature"?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.