Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Panadapter Profiles

Options
Duane  N9DG
Duane N9DG Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in New Ideas
I did not find any mention of this idea being previously posted after doing a quick search of the community, so here goes......

Has there been thought to adding panadapter profiles? Basically the idea is to be able to save profiles for a single panadapter configuration.

What I find myself frequently wanting to do is add a panadapter that I would have previously configured and saved for a specific band, width, mode, RX(s) + frequency(ies), DAX, etc. etc.. But then be able to add that previously saved panadapter to the overall currently running configuration of the 6K without disturbing (or by selectively disturbing) the panadapters (with or with out slice RXs)  that I may have already running.

I could see it being implemented as a right click option for the Add Panadapter button in the lower left. To deal with any all slice RXs being already in use contention issues, simply have a pop up open if all slice RXs are already in use and then allow the user to “take” one or more of them away from already running panadapter(s). And if all panadapters are in already use then that right click menu option allow you to pick which existing running panadapter that you want dismiss to accommodate room the new one that you want to add.

The global profiles are great for setting up all sorts of quasi memory frequencies and with differing number of slices and panadapter configurations radio wide. But it would nice to have more granularity to adjust what is already running on a previously configured and saved single panadapter level.

Comments

• Rick Zach K1RJZ
    Rick Zach K1RJZ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    My biggest Panadapter request has been and still is bandedge markers as they relate to your license class.
  • Tim Hill - KI6LSB
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I second the markers to show the Band Limits by License Class, to many times I find myself outside of my operating Band.

Tim Hill - KI6LSB
  • Ted_Spiegel_NX6C
    Ted_Spiegel_NX6C Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I completely agree!

For a radio this nice it really needs the ability to be able to save and restore a Panadapter.

Included in the Panadapter "save" would be the;
    1. Band,
    2. ANT,
    3. Display,
    settings.  

I really like your "right click on the add new Panadapter icon in the bottom right" part of the screen.

Ted
    NX6C

• Duane  N9DG
    Duane N9DG Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I must admit I'm rather surprised by how little discussion this idea has got. Am I one of only a few who would like to open pre-configured panadapters and slices without disturbing, or selectively disturbing the panadapter(s) slice(s) that are already running?

It is a bit tedious launching a new panadapter and then having to set it up to get to a specific width, slice(s), mode(s), frequency etc. vs. just grabbing a preconfigured one that will do exactly what you want.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.