Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Log4OM with 6500

G4IUA
G4IUA Member ✭✭
edited August 2020 in Third-Party Software
I want to try using Log4OM software with my 6500 but I'm not sure where to start.  Has anyone successfully set this up?  The logging software looks great and has had some excellent reviews.

Jeff - G4IUA 

Answers

• ik2egl
    ik2egl Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I have been using succesfully log4om with 6500 and I wrote  chapter in the manual itself
    you can download it at http://www.pisto.it/wordpress/log4om-en/
    for any more info do not hesitate to write me

• G4IUA
    G4IUA Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Thanks Don.  Since posting the earlier question I now have Log4OM working, but I still have complications knowing what to do when I want to run WSJT simultaneously, suggesting I have a basic lack of understanding how all this fits together.  Once I have worked out exactly what I want to achieve (but cannot) I'll take up your kind offer of more help.

Jeff - G4IUA
  • Vincent Martin - N5ATM
    Vincent Martin - N5ATM Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Don, I too want to get Log4OM up and running.  I clicked on the link to your article but it is not working.  Could you update it's location for us?  Thanks.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Chaps, get onto the Log4OM forum for help that will solve your issues in a flash. Log4OM working FB here all modes and WSJT-X.
  • Rob Fissel
    Rob Fissel Member
    edited December 2018
    Jeff, 

I use Log4OM and WSJT-X together all the time. Actually, I'm doing it right now. 

I use OmniRIG in Log4OM to interface via SSDR CAT. Use the "Connect to 3rd Party Program to Port:" COM port listed under the main section in SSDR CAT.. In addition to COM port, I use:

Type: TS-2000
    Baud: 9600
    Data Bits: 8
    Parity: None
    Stop Bits 1
    RTS and DTR both high

I then create a separate "dedicated" COM port in SSDR CAT to use with WSJT-X for interfacing, and VOX to key the rig. 

Rob K2RWF

• Rob Fissel
    Rob Fissel Member
    edited September 2015
    I'd also recommend JTAlertX. Amazing software, audio notifications, and connects directly with Log4OM for logging. 
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Definitely Rob. I could not imagine using WSJT-X without JTAlertX.
  • G4IUA
    G4IUA Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Since my questions a year ago I'be been using Log4OM very successfully with WSJT-X and as a general logger.  As others have mentioned, the forum is the place to go with any problems.  I've posted a couple of questions and received advice almost immediately, solving any problems I had.  It's great software and I'm not even using it to its full potential.  

Jeff - G4IUA
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ditto for all of the above regarding Log4OM & WSJT-X with JTAlertX which updates Log4OM automatically.

Also it updates my ClubLOg and HRDnet plus adds "On The Air" with the current frequency and mode to my QRZ.com page.
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Note to Don, your link is broken....
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I do not no why operators are still picking TS-2000 as the Flex 6000 works very well.  And PTT works via TCP.  lessons learned the “hard way” for installing and setting up Log4Om, WSJT-X and JTAlert, so they play well together.  In the latest Log4Om manual for V1, it states to select Omnirig for the Radio selection, instead use the Flex 6000 selection.  Log4OM with the OmniRig Radio selection uses cat commands from Log4OM to control the radio while using wsjrt-x.  Does not do a good job, could not make any contacts because delays in sending CAT commands to the radio.  Going back to the Flex 6000 Radio selection, gets back to proper timing.  The rest of the Log4OM are ok and work. BUT, DO A COMPLETE POWER DOWN AND RESTART, then start the apps stating with then Log4OM then wsjt-x and finally JTAlert......  Now all runs well and fast and logs reliably.
  • Ross (KE4BCN)
    Ross (KE4BCN) Member
    edited March 2020
    Hi new owner 6400m get it Tuesday March 3rd. I am currently using Log4OM v2 with Omnirig wsjt and jtalert all works well with Win4icom. I am a little confused on how to interface Log4om and Flex without Omnirig. Thanks
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I think your only choices with Log4OM and Flex is OmniRig original version or HamLib.

Note that only the original version of OmniRig works. OmniRig 2 does not.
  • Ross (KE4BCN)
    Ross (KE4BCN) Member
    edited March 2020
    Ok, got it all working with Log4OM. Setup comport in DAX and used that port in Omnirig and for the rig I used SmartDSR.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.