Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ham radio deluxe connection

Kevin Mahoney
Kevin Mahoney Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Deleted all hidden Flex ports, removed SDR as instructed here, installed Win 10 and then reinstalled V1.4.16. Radio works fine. Cannot for the life of me get it to connect to HRD.
HRD says it is connection through Port 1. Any ideas?

Answers

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hello Kevin, could you please post some screenshots of HRD not connecting?
    If you want to connect DM780, Logbook and HRD rotator to SmartSDR you need only to start MiniDeluxe first.

https://github.com/krisp/MiniDeluxe/wiki

This program connects to SmartSDR CAT and you can then start the other HRD
    programs, which connect to the HRD server port 7809.

For PTT you need a SmartSDR PTT port.

73, Alex DH2ID
  • Kevin Mahoney
    Kevin Mahoney Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    some screen shots. Must be doing something basic wrong. Mini-Deluxe says it cannot open the serverimage
  • Kevin Mahoney
    Kevin Mahoney Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    imageimage
  • Kevin Mahoney
    Kevin Mahoney Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    imageimage
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Kevin, are you using HRD and MiniDeluxe with a RIOX/DDUtil connection?
    That won't work. Try to use only MiniDeluxe with the settings I posted above
    and your own CAT port and the PowerSDR tab with SmartSDR ticked.

You don't need HamRadioDeluxe "Take Control" at all !
    It is quite useless, as you have SmartSDR to set your TRX frequency and so on.

If you want to use DDUtil, OTOH, you just start this program without MiniDeluxe,
    tick HRD 6.2 in the settings and start DM780, HRD Logbook and so on.

Of course you need the newest program versions:

MiniDeluxe 2.1.5506.2480
    https://github.com/krisp/MiniDeluxe/wiki
    DDUtilk V3 3.2.1.00
    http://k5fr.com/DDUtilV3wiki/index.php?title=Download
    HamRadioDeluxe 6.3.0.417
    http://ham-radio-deluxe.com/downloads.html

Never use HamRadioDeluxe "Take Control" with a FlexRadio or other
    SDRs, it clogs up your PC and has been written as an analogue
    TRX CAT program only. That it can be used and has SmartSDR
    settings does not mean that it works well.
    MiniDeluxe or DDUtil are more than sufficient to transmit CAT
    commands from SmartSDR to DM780 and the other HRD programs.
  • Kevin Mahoney
    Kevin Mahoney Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Still having trouble. I am now on 1.5. I have downloaded Mini Deluxe and get a warning. Set up is shown below. Tried DDtuil and still no joy. When I say no joy I mean I can't get the rig to transmit through DM-780. I also am unable to move frequencies around quickly from the DM-780 screen but maybe that is the nature of not using the HRD module

imageimageimageimage

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    COM1 normally is not a virtual port, but a hardware port. Look at all your ports and delete unused ones. Remove all ports from SmartSDR CAT and restart. Try MiniDeluxe only, do not use the DDutil port.Notice above that my port is 6 and MiniDeluxe is set to server port 7809.
  • Kevin Mahoney
    Kevin Mahoney Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    I eliminated my virtual ports and then added two PTT ports. Went into device driver and only Com 1 is present. Also checked hidden ports. Maybe I should be adding a different kind. I still get the error message and DDutil is not running. I know I am missing something very simpleimage
  • Mark Gottlieb
    Mark Gottlieb Member
    edited January 2020
    Happy New Year Everyone,

I am returning to HRD after several years away and am trying to configure PTT on my FLEX 6400.  Sound and rig control are no problem and are working fine except for PTT.   I have attempted both MiniDeluxe and DDUtil v3 to configure PTT.  Of course, I have added, using CAT, a dedicated port for HRD.  What I am seeing is that while in RadioConfiguration the TX button will key the radio.  However, when I actually try to send a signal the PTT will not engage TX on the radio.  However, when the macro message is completed, from DM 780, the radio will then go into TX.  What am I missing to have this topsy turvy?

Mark 
    KK2L
  • Mark Gottlieb
    Mark Gottlieb Member
    edited January 2020
    BTW, I know not to use HRD rig control since it is basically useless with the FLEX software.

MG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.