Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

cw filter snaps back to +/- 500hz in v1.5.0.65

Options
Asher - K0AU
Asher - K0AU Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in Third-Party Software
CW filter bandwidths work normally with the 50/100/400/800 buttons.  Click the 1.5 or 3.0 buttons and the filter bandwidth reverts to +/-500 Hz.  Drag the filter skirts past 500 Hz and they revert to 500Hz.

Interesting detail: when I click the buttons below 800 the filter is set up symmetrically.  Click the 1.5 button and the filter "tries" to go to -600/+900 before reverting to +/-500.  The 3.0 button "tries" for -600/+2400 before reverting to +/-500.

Am I missing some new configuration?  I skipped over v1.4.

Config is v1.5/6700/Win10

Comments

• Doug Hall
    Doug Hall Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm not seeing the issue with the filter reverting to +/-500 Hz here. Flex 6300 SSDR v1.5.0 Win7. But I do see the asymmetric behavior (eg. -600/+900) with the wider filters, and I think that's normal. In my case I have the CW offset (pitch) set to 600 Hz, so with a 1500 Hz filter I can't go +/- 750 as you would expect. If I change the pitch to 750 Hz then I see +/-750 Hz on the 1500 Hz filter.

So the asymmetry is expected behavior with the wide filters, but snapping back to +/-500 Hz is not.
    Doug K4DSP
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Asher, are you using DXlab ?
  • Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Asher,

Are you running DXLab Commander or any other rig control program?  If so, shut it down and try again.  (I had a similar problem due to DXLab Commander which Dave is in the process of fixing.)

73, Bob, N7ZO
  • Asher - K0AU
    Asher - K0AU Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    yes
  • Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    oops, I see Sergey beat me to this while I was typing.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    This is well known commander issues, you can check it
  • Asher - K0AU
    Asher - K0AU Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    You guys are fantastic!  Shutting down DXLab solves the filter issue. 
  • Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Dave, AA6YQ, the author of DXLab, is testing a new version of Commander that solves this problem.  Stay tuned.
  • Asher - K0AU
    Asher - K0AU Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Any published time frame for the fix?

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    No yet, but Dave promised to fix it asap

BTW some other issues also exist with Commander for now
  • Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Don't know on the time frame.  Dave recently changed Commander to connect directly to the Flex 6000 radios over TCP/IP (no more need for a CAT com port).  He is also testing this.

edit:  Sergey is faster again.  :-)
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.