Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

IRC Chat - Lets discuss v1.5!

rfoust
rfoust Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in New Ideas
We're talking about v1.5 in the IRC chat room.  Come hang out. :)

http://tinyurl.com/FlexRadioIRC

Comments

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Anyone noticed the time?? 
    Is it tommorow already??
    73, Jay - NO5Jimage
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Come visit us in IRC.  We will be online all night answering questions and helping people with their 1.5 upgrades.

For those who don't want to use a Web client, see my original post here:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/-flexradio-irc-real-time-chat-discussion-support
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    GMT, Dude ;-)
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    The funny thing is we were actually talking about this right before it came out.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I had a funny feeling it might be tomorrow somewhere!
    73, Jay - NO5J
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited October 2019
    A few comments for those who read instructions later....

You have to download new DFV and D-STAR waveforms for use with SmartSDR v1.5.0.  After they have been installed you have to uninstall FDV and re-install the new 1.0.3 version

And you have to have a ThumbDV dongle to operate D-STAR.

If you do not have a GPSDO installed, run the frequency calibration routine to re-frequency calibrate your radio.

There are a lot of new features that are well documented in the SmartSDR Software User's Guide and SmartSDR CAT documentation.  I recommend reviewing them as necessary.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Realtime chat pays off again!
    IRC channel is hopping now.
    73, Jay -NO5J
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I was afraid it wasn't going to come out until this weekend when we're going to be up at the lake.  Thanks, Tim!  Easiest upgrade ever...or maybe I'm just getting smarter.  Did a full Revo uninstall of 1.4.16, powered off the radio, and powered off the computer before doing the install on both computers.  It all went without a hitch. :-)  I'm looking forward to giving it a full workout once we get back from the cabin next week.  I don't have enough noise here tonight to give the WNB anything to work on and I'm not going to have time to play with RTTY.  No matter...1.4.16 got me CW QSLs from E6GG on 6 bands!

• Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks I am one of those guys. All worked well and seems to be a big step forward Thanks Tim, Gerald, Steve and all the rest Mike N9dfd
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    I am one of those guys too :-)
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    How did you get overlooked for praise!!!image
    Thank you Tim for all you do.
    And whatever your going to do next.
    But please stick around!
    73, - NO5J
  • Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Tim - thanks to the entire Flex staff for the wonderful V 1.5 RTTY filters.  I use WriteLog (now full IP for freq.) and MMTTY (sometimes 2Tone) and it is all running so smoothly with the default tones, I look forward to this weekend CQ WW RTTY without the constant filter/XIT-RIT/bandwidth admin overhead with the previous ssdr versions.

The point and click for mark tone is precise and will be a wonderful tool for S&P.  The default filter selections are 'right on' for my operating habits.

Cheers and a pint for you all

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.