Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I love my F3K

John
John Member ✭✭
I have been operating a lot with my f3k and its really working well on receive despite intentional qrm from europe. I must confess that I also have a Datong FL3 auto notch filter in-line with the audio side and what a combo! Not much gets through and it makes chasing DX a pleasure. I would never go out and purchase another non rlex transceiver, if I had the money. Has anyone perhaps used the F3K with digital voice and how did the F3K stand up to the continious carrier transmission ?

Comments

• Steven Hess
    Steven Hess Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    F3K is 100% duty cycle. So no problems with continuous transmission. If it gets hot enough the fan will kick into high gear.  
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    My first foray into Software Defined Radio was with a F3K.  Wonderful performer.  I made many, many contacts using both digital modes and voice.  The only reason I sold it was to help fund my Flex Radio 6300 purchase.   

As good as the 3000 is, the 6300 is so much better.  John, if you ever get the opportunity to upgrade to one of the 6000 versions, do your self a favor....don't hesitate.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    I concur.  It may get a little noisy from the fans pushing air through the cooling plenum, but the PA is stout and can easily accommodate full duty cycle modes.
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Thank Guys, well as a medical  pensioner upgrading will be a never never, but its nice to drool over the newer rigs. Ok on the DV and 100% duty cycle. Its nice to know that these amps are well built to take the strain. I will give it a bash one of these days, but for now AM is is the in thing. Our net is not too big around 10 people, but everyone is of one voice about the audio and signal quality. Thumbs up all round. I am still sitting on top band and just reading the latest QST on my tablet.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.