Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Dax driver error with Vista 64 bit - not an upgrade

Rick  WN2C
Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
I have just received my 6300 about a week ago. I have been having probelems get the DAX audio working. I am running 1.4.16 and getting driver error message

DAX Driver Error
---------------------------
An error has occurred while trying to open a DAX sound device. The following fault conditions may apply:

- The DAX driver may not be properly installed
- Another application has exclusive use of a Reserved DAX sound device
- The DAX sound device may have been manually disabled

If this problem persists, please submit a HelpDesk support request (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for technical assistance.

Now I have a help ticket in and have spoke with Dudley, but so far all the suggestions he has given me has not worked. I have uninstalled and re-installed drivers, rebooted computer, removed flex software and re-installed 3 times.  Getting frustrated and about ready to send it back.

Harry WN2C

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    If Dudley is assisting you, you are getting the best advice and recommended troubleshooting tips possible.  These issues are almost always file/folder permissions issues or third-party programs that prevent the driver installer for working properly and not a systemic issue with the driver itself.  These can be very difficult issues to troubleshoot and a successful result is not always assured.
  • Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Rick I found getting Vista to work on PSDR took a lot of time and effort. Win 7 was a piece of cake.
  • Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    So Andrew, tell me what you did to get this software running with Vista? So far I have not been able to get DAX working. Was thinking I might put in a different sound card and shut down the on board card.
  • Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Rick,
    It was a long time ago in a universe before SSDR when I got one of the first Flex1500s.
    Vista had to be beaten into submission at every step, mostly with sound drivers but finally I won.
    An upgrade to Windows 7 and everything just worked. 
    Ditch Vista. Get 7 or even 8.1 and 10. That should solve your problems.
    Andrew
  • W8GAZ
    W8GAZ Member
    edited September 2015
    I had this problem with windows 10.  I did the following. Uninstalled 1.4.16. and DAX drivers. using Windows programs from Control Panel. Plugged a line cord into the audio input and told the Gigabyte Audio panel it was a line input. Didn't plug the other end of the cord into anything. Reinstalled 1.4.16 with all drivers. Everything works now. I don't know if the line cord did anything but remember seeing something about this conflict. Good Luck 73 W8gaz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.