Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What's in profiles?

Martin AA6E
Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
I would like to understand exactly what data are stored in profiles, both Global and Transmit.  The Software User's Guide gives a nice table of what parameters are set by "Persistence", but only vague information about profiles.

One example: Where is the transmit bandpass info kept?  I need to switch this often when moving from JT65 to SSB operation, but so far haven't figured out whether I can do this with profiles.

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015

I think the question would be more easily answered on what is NOT
     stored in profiles. I have asked this same question, also.

Jim, K6QE

• Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Your question has been asked many times before.

I would say do a search but with the new software release the items have changed.

Example currently EQ settings are stored with older software version they weren't.

Ian

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have entered this report in as a doc enhancement request to better explain the global and TX profiles.

• Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Thanks.  A table of what is in a TX profile and what is in a Global profile would go a long way!

It would be a nice step forward if the exported profiles were in a human readable format like XML.  Failing that, you could provide an off-line utility to view and/or edit (and validate) profiles.
  • Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    @Ed - Just the thing.  Can understand most of the fields, at least.  Thanks!
  • K1ESE
    K1ESE Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I don't see CW-U or CW-L being saved?

73 de K1ESE
    John
  • Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Global / Slice/ Mode  (I suppose).
  • Ed.G
    Ed.G FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Correct. Our current thinking is that CWL and CWU is a radio wide setting that should not be stored in profiles. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.