Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is there a way to change DAX in use other than the pull down?

Kg5dwx
Kg5dwx Member ✭✭
edited November 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Does anyone know of a way to make an icon switch for changing DAX in use. I use the a FLEX 6500 in MARS, you may be voice, with DAX set on DAX1 for MT63, then rapidly change  to DAX3 for M110A or DAX 2 for RMS winmorP2. Having to use the very small pulldown is a real difficult action when in a hurry. It would be great to have a small window like FRstack or even better just click in the DAX audio control on the requested DAX if it is displayed (I always have it up so I can see which DAX I am on and levels). Anyone have an idea? Can it be done in DDutil?

Flex, this would be appreciated if added to DAX control panel.

Rodney Warner

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Can you use multiple slices and just change the slice TX designation?

• Kg5dwx
    Kg5dwx Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Thanks Tim
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Rodney,
      I don't know if this will work with the programs that you wish to use.  I assume that they seem to required different TX level setting  and that is why you wish to use different DAX channels..
      You could try using the same DAX channel ( with one DAX TX level setting ) for all three programs  and then balance the TX audio levels in the WIndows audio mixer for DAX TX1

Good luck.

AL, K0VM

• Kg5dwx
    Kg5dwx Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Al, I was just trying to make it more difficult than I needed to, thanks for a fresh view.
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Hope it works for you.. I have not tried it myself..  The slide for a program may not appear in the mixer until after you have transmitted once with that program after booting the PC.
    AL, K0VM
  • Kg5dwx
    Kg5dwx Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    It works, with MixW, rms winmor and ms-dmt all on the same DAX , each with its own com for PTT. Thanks for the insight.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.