Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Help: Options for Flex 5000A

I just picked up a totally stock/mint 5000A. I Am interested in installing some of the options especially the tuner. As far as I can tell there is nothing available from Flex. Anybody got any ideas on where to find upgrades/options for the 5000A? Thanks KD0YX Cell: 701-361-5856

Answers

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Tim - I'd suggest it is worth a call to FRS and then perhaps check with some of the UK and EU resellers?  

Some of the add-ins were discontinued quite a while ago, and you'd be very lucky to find any remaining stock - but if you don't ask the answer is always "not available", right?

GL and hope you enjoy your 5000

Steve
    K9ZW

• Tim Gooding
    Tim Gooding Member
    edited September 2015
    Thanks Steve! I will give it a shot and see what the company has to say . It looks like I might have to wait around for a parts radio but I'm afraid with this rig that might be a long wait.. TLG KD0YX Rapid City, SD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.