Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Something interesting....

Answers

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Thanks for the links!
  • Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Estimated about $1200 USD, just slightly over the price of a Maestro.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017

The Icom 7300 looks to be rather inexpensive 

It’s looks like its listed at about ¥150,000 or about $1,250

About the same price range as the 10W Italian ELAD Duo which also operates as a stand-alone 4th generation SDR

http://qrznow.com/new-icom-ic-7300-toyko-hamfair-2015/

Brochure in English http://goo.gl/YlrbQG

The software looks to be very primitive compared to most other SDR’s – but then the Japanese are not known for their software

I would not be too surprised to see that Icom degraded the SDR’s specs so that it would not outperform their legacy 7851 – which virtually any 3rd or 4th Generation SDR will do today… however it’s phase noise is already 15dB better than their legacy 7200.

Pretty obvious that my prediction that SDR technology (Direct Digital Sampling Software Defined Radio) will replace the obsolete legacy technology radio’s has started to hit the Big 3 as well…

Perhaps the MOST INSULTING thing about the Brochure is that ICOM claims:

"RF Direct Sampling System — A First in Amateur Radio*"
    " * Researched by Icom, among major amateur radio manufactures."

Obviously they are dismissing Flex as a Major Manufacturer

• Takeshi Yamada
    Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Need to see how it performs as the first Direct Sampling System at that price.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Howard, i am with you absolutely, this radio just marketing trend to exchange of the IC718 and IC7200 with new technology and low cost on production, plenty of the usual and traditional features are missing (IQ, HiRes Pan etc) however straight marketing focus on the consumer - no SW on PC what producing hash some time (   :-)   depends on the experience ), just controller by Hitachi or Toshiba inside in cooperation with FPGA. I am no worry about in compare with Flex6000 however this is a first bird, BTW abt $1250 i see it just in beginning from low power version.
     PDF from IcomUK - http://www.icomuk.co.uk/getFile.asp?...18526&fFID=244

P.S.  Flex  - my compliments with Maestro introduction , it will be universal solution for anybody who has or planning to be a 6000 series owner, very nice market / HAM's survey
  • SteveM
    SteveM Member
    edited February 2018

It's a sham that any new radio, especially an SDR radio, is missing the RJ45 connector.

• IW7DMH, Enzo
    IW7DMH, Enzo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    It is also a pity that radio that have an RJ45 connector is missing a serial connector. 90% of devices, out there, are using this technology, and ignoring it at all is a bit counterproductive. 

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Strongly recommend only FTDI devices http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/Cables/USBRS232.htm What tested with all versions of Windows and supplying with signed drivers Tested personally with Win7, 8, 8.1, 10
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    I concur with Sergey 10000000%  FTDI or nothing.
  • IW7DMH, Enzo
    IW7DMH, Enzo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yes of course.
    I am going a bit over: I am thinking at my Flex running remotely in standalone mode. Having an external emdedded RS-232 would help a lot avoiding the use of a remote pc with third-part additional software and third-part additional hardware.
    I would like that Flex team, after Maestro, would realease some kind of hardware CAT multiplexer with embedded switch-board.
    A lot of people would be glad for this.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I read nothing about pre distortion on this radio, that won't make the pure signal guys happy...lol
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Bill, not only that, we read concerning received with DDC technology, however the same way - DUC was not mentioned for transmitter - ? , classic - ?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.