Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

My 6700 Will Not Transmit Using LSB! OK On CW & USB?? HELP??

I have not really used my 6700 on any voice modes often as I am pretty much a CW op!  However, when trying to make a QSO using LOWER side band on 40 - meters, or on any band using the LSB setting, the rig will not transmit anything -- nothing!!  Using the 6700 on UPPER side band does not pose any problem -- it works fine -- so, any idea why I cannot use Lower Side Band on any band, especially for 40, 80, 160??  Thanks 

Answers

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019

Any possibility that something stored in a profile either global or transmit, is deselecting your intended mic input, or enabling DAX, or disabling Transmit on the radio setup form, due to profile persistence? It might be also be switching your selected mic profile.

Then again it might have nothing to do with any of that. Eliminate those possibilities first, if you can.

Save your profiles, both global and transmit, then do a reset with the OK and power buttons on the radio and try it again with the Factory Defaults loaded and you can eliminate all those possibilities, if it still does it you can re-import your saved profiles afterwards.

73, Jay - NO5J

• Christian Quiroz
    edited July 2019
    Hi, There is a function that avoid you to transmit on other part of the band that's no assigned to the radio ham so if you're in the lower part of the band in LSB mode part or the complete LSB mode is out of the assigned band so just try a few hertz higher and check that the complete LSB mode is inside the portion of the band assigned to us. Have a great weekend Christian Quiroz OA4DOA
  • Dave Dave
    Dave Dave Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I just looked for a way to make mine not transmit on LSB but be ok on USB ..... I just don't see a way, Let us know your solution please.
  • Christian Quiroz
    edited August 2015
    The same thing on USB on upper band if you are partial o totally outside the assigned band on USB mode the radio won't transmit
  • K9APW - Dick - Verona, WI
    edited May 2019
    F Y I -- No LSB Transmit problem resolved --

I discovered that I did not have a mic/input selected for LSB in the Profile Manager drop down window.  Selected and saved my Radio Sport head gear mic from the drop down list and all seems to now work OK.  

I am keeping my fingers crossed that this solves the problem??

****, K9APW 
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Now that you have it working the way you intend it too, save both your Global and Transmit profiles. Then when you reselect them it should continue working. There might also be a problem with a memory if you use those, sometimes they will reset things. If the problem returns they might be contributing, Save your working SSB setup as a new memory and use that one. 

73, Jay - NO5J

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.