Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can't export profiles

N3NER
N3NER Member ✭✭
Has anyone run into this?  Whenever I try to export profiles or settings in any way, it sets there for a close to five min and when it finally completes, its an empty file..

Answers

• Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I have never seen this happen... More info as to SmartSDR version, Win version might be helpful
    73s Jim K4JAF
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    SmartSDR is 1.4.16 running on windows 7 64 bit.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2018
    If you can't export profiles, then you have a corrupted persistence database.  Export your profiles, but UNCHECK the preferences option.  Do a factory reset of the radio.  Test the profile export, it should be working.  After that import the preferences free profile export to get back the TX and global profiles, but not the persistence part of the database.
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I did a factory reset in troubleshooting my HRD issue so, that I did already.  Still not working.  Anything else I can try?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Make sure you did not import a previously exported profile set before testing the export after the factory reset.  That would copy the bad data back into the persistence DB that is causing the issue,

If you did that, then look to see what program(s) on your PC would be preventing a file from being created on your desktop.  Disable all virus scanning or Internet security suites.  
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Tim, you are the man!  It was my virus protection stopping it...  Thanks!!
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Your welcome.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.