Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Windows 10: PowerSDR 2.7.2 Unrecognized Flexcontrol

Pat
Pat Member
Hello,everything is in the title PowerSDR no longer recognizes the VFO FLEX-Control
since I was 10 under windows.
everything else seems ok
if someone an idea I take pleasure
Thank you
F1HMR
(Sorry automatic translation)

Comments

• on5po
    on5po Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017

A croire que personne ne lis ce forum, vous prenez win 10 avec tout les problemes de compatibilités ,au lieu d'attendre.??

To believe that no one reading this forum, you take 10 win with all the problems of compatibility, instead of waiting ????

on5po, Janny

• Pat
    Pat Member
    edited July 2019
    PowerSDR doit s'adapter windows 7 à 10 ans

PowerSDR must adapt  Windows 7 is 10 years hold

73's

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    there is no compelling reason to upgrade to W10. i personally would recommend waiting until MS releases service pack 1. bug fixes probably next year. il n'y a aucune raison impérieuse de passer à W10. Personnellement, je recommande d'attendre jusqua MS publie Service Pack 1. corrections de bugs probablement l'année prochaine.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    There is incorrect information being disseminated that SmartSDR and PowerSDR along with their associated hardware and virtual device drivers is somehow incompatible with or doesn't work on Windows 10.  Let me say that nothing could be further from the truth.  We EXTENSIVELY tested both software packages on various technical preview version of Windows 10 and found absolutely no operations issues with any of our software when installed on a clean WIndow 10 installation (no upgrade).

The problems people are experiencing are a direct result of upgrading a previous Windows operating system to Windows 10.  This process is very complex and has an indeterminate number of variables and perturbations.  Not all of which are handled properly by the operating system update process.  One of the areas that is most exposed is the upgrade of hardware device drivers because they operate in kernel mode, not user mode.

We acknowledge and appreciate that some people are experiencing issue with the Win10 operating system upgrade and by completely uninstalling PowerSDR and SmartSDR before upgrading has shown to provide the greatest probability of a successful upgrade.  If you do not do this before the upgrade to Win10, you can try to reinstall PowerSDR or SmartSDR after Win10 has been installed, but you may have to revert back to the previous operating system to do the uninstall to be successful.
  • Arthur Ripple
    Arthur Ripple Member
    edited October 2015
    well mine did not work and its on a new computer that came with windows 10 on ti from the factory ! ns7e art

• Arthur Ripple
    Arthur Ripple Member
    edited October 2015
    well if you had windows 8 you would jump at the chance to get windows 10 because it looks and feels a little like windows 7  Arthur NS7E 
  • M0GVZ
    M0GVZ Member
    edited October 2015
    I had the same issue on Windows 10. Unplugging the Flexcontrol and plugging it back in with SmartSDR still running sorted the issue. After doing some driver updates and a BIOS update on the motherboard the problem has disappeared.
  • M0GVZ
    M0GVZ Member
    edited October 2015
    There will be no service packs with Windows 10. MS are completely revising the way updates are done.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.