Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Format of this community

Options
Oxford English
Oxford English Member ✭✭
edited July 2017 in New Ideas
I have just spent an hour looking through various posts on this site and it occurs to me that the way that the posts are organised could do with a radical shakeup.

I see that Tim, W4TME asked, in a thread about the latest roadmap, that  people do not post ideas in a topic about roadmaps because 'they will get lost in the noise'.

To be honest, I find that a lot of things get lost in the noise, both on here and on the Yahoo groups because they are not easy to see as a coherent mass.

May I suggest that Flex give a little thought to using something like phpBB. If that was adopted instead of the current way of doing things, then I for one, would find the communities' post much more useful,

Thoughts anyone?

Tim 

Comments

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    This could work much better than it does.

The default, on the home page defaults to ALL, where maybe it should default to PROBLEMS, or some other or be selectable by user profile.

It is sorely lacking tags.

It is sorely lacking a word index.

It should always place people at the end of a thread, not the beginning.

Some months back I made that last suggestion to Flex and Tim, essentially, said this SaaS program lacked that configuration ability by it's users, FRS being the user of GetSatisfaction (which I think is ironic as a name).  However, the point was, this is a corporate product used by FRS and it comes with the fleas it comes with. I got that as Tim's meta message.
  • Oxford English
    Oxford English Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I could have written a much more scathing criticism of the way this works but I thought I would try the gentle approach first!
  • K0UNX
    K0UNX Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I read this using “NetNewsWire” and if I click on the “Date” column heading, I can SORT BY DATE.  Clicking a second time REVERSES the order.  Most news readers will do the same thing.

Loving my 6500!  I upgraded to Windows 10 (from 8.1) without deleting SSDR, and it came right up in W-10 without a hitch.  I’m feeding the radio’s autio output through a Behringer Composer Pro mounted in the same rack to even out the audio.  Very SWEET setup.

Now if I could get this DAX stuff figured out.  I keep coming back to it.  Maybe some day I’ll get an understanding of it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.